Sign in to follow this  
Wharf Rat

Well...on the bright side...

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

Does this at least mean we get the baords to ourselves until we beat Cleveland at home int eh first 2 games?

hopefully

this all hinges on Jameer and VC...

If Jameer can get back to the way he was playing when the coaches voted him an all-star, then its comparable to say; 'we TOO added an all-star from the two teams that met last year'.

If VC can get more comfortable being the rim attacking, clutch 3 shooting, half-man/half-amazing that he put up 48 pts with....

we have an great chance at beating the Cavs.

lets be honest... it has yet to be seen if Vince or Shaq can play at a consistent championship level in the playoffs. two BIG wild cards.

and we don't know yet how big of an impact AJamison with have... he went to Dallas a while back and didn't have a "all-star" impact. another wild card...

too many wild cards to call this series already. (and the two games we've played already are not good indicators as to what will happen in the playoffs)

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

when i see your name i think of that annoying lady from around the horn.....jackie macmullan

Obviously, you're not a golfer.

LMAO! Love that movie.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

So true fans aren't realistic? they don't accept what they see and speak their minds? They blindly follow the company line and do not have to right to disagree with the moves a team makes?

Exactly what I was thinking.

There's a difference between saying something like "its going to be tough to beat cleveland in a 7 game series this year, i dont think we can do it." and "You guys should plan that vacation in late june now because we have no shot."

You guys are just afraid to show support when the future is uncertain with the expectations placed on this team. It was easy to cheer for this team last year because the media had mediocre expectations. Last year making the 2nd round was meeting expectaions for most of you.

Now you are afraid. You're afraid that your earlier high opinions of this team wont be validated with a championship. We might have to face an uphill battle in the playoffs.

So you lower your expectations again. "This team isn't as good as last years team" "this team can't beat cleveland" "We only beat boston last year because KG was injured, we dont have a chance this year". This way when someone comes up to you in the street and points out that your team lost in the playoffs you can say "well i didn't think they would get far anyways".

Its only to save your own asses.

Quit being so afraid to just believe.

When the bandwagon gets stuck on an obstacle some people hop off, point at the wheels and say "well i didn't expect us to get this far with those rusty wheels" or "The design of this wagon isn't made for climbing this mountain".

True fans get behind the bandwagon and try to push it past the obstacle.

True fans will show up down 3-1 to the lakers and cheer for their team to do the impossible and NOT sell their tickets to laker fans.

Quit being so afraid to get hurt.

I see what you try to say, and i respect your point.

But im sorry you are telling me what i feel, and you don

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

Found this on the Celtics message board haha

quote:
For some reason I actually like our chances vs the Cavs. They got some high power chokers out there..Orlando and ATL on the other hand, would eat us and spit out the bones.. icon_frown.gif

I actually believe this.

Not sure what's the big deal is....

I remember there was one year there was a team that has 4 hall of famers, and lose to a team that didn't have any NBA 1st team player in the team.

Ironically, Cavs actually have one of the 4 hall of famer in the team. So what does this mean?

Magic just need to play their game and they will be fine.

Time to admit that I was wrong...this is probably one of the best Magic teams we have had in Orlando.

Turns out, the money they are saving me (in these playoffs) was accomplished by sweeping the 1st 2 series.

I was wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

Time to admit that I was wrong...this is probably one of the best Magic teams we have had in Orlando.

Turns out, the money they are saving me (in these playoffs) was accomplished by sweeping the 1st 2 series.

I was wrong.

Respect to people that admit they were wrong than those who make excuses icon_wink.gif