Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

B. Schmitz(Sentinel) wonders if Otis would/should trade?

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

I don't see how a small trade, like for a 3rd PG as has been mentioned lately would help in any way, especially not in the playoffs when the roster narrows and especially not for a younger player, I dont see a young PG getting much burn from SVG in a playoff run.

Did you see CJ Watson last night? He can certainly make an impact on this team, he's a great fit for this system as well.

I was talking to a pal of mine earlier about possibly getting a 3rd team involved to help get Golden State some salary relief while bringing in Corey Maggette and CJ Watson. I actually like that idea, they are two FA targets of the Magic from the last two years. There's very little chance of this happening, but I can dream...

I wish I lived on your planet, things seem so easy there, black and white, cut and dry...

Me and my friends have been talking trades to counter the Jamison deal....we all know it won't happen, but it's nice to dream.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

The problem i have is that Cleveland has made moves to counter our best players, yet we have made none to counter their best player. Lebron cannot be stopped, but we need a better physical presence to put pressure on him, or a longer defender to make it harder for him to pass. I love Barnes and the energy he brings, but he cannot guard or put pressure on Lebron.

If we have any hopes of getting to the finals this year, Otis needs to get a better defender at the wing position. Right now Battier and Prince are good guys to target. Not sure who else would fit that mold, but as i've said in another thread, this puts the Cavs over the top IMO.

are there any teams in the league that have made any moves to successfully counter LeBron?

quote:

Me and my friends have been talking trades to counter the Jamison deal....we all know it won't happen, but it's nice to dream.

Well, me and my friends play hiding-go-seek, watch Nickelodeon, and eat fruit roll ups.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

Well, me and my friends play hiding-go-seek, watch Nickelodeon, and eat fruit roll ups.

LOL

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

quote:

Awesome.

borat_not.jpg

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

The problem i have is that Cleveland has made moves to counter our best players, yet we have made none to counter their best player. Lebron cannot be stopped, but we need a better physical presence to put pressure on him, or a longer defender to make it harder for him to pass. I love Barnes and the energy he brings, but he cannot guard or put pressure on Lebron.

If we have any hopes of getting to the finals this year, Otis needs to get a better defender at the wing position. Right now Battier and Prince are good guys to target. Not sure who else would fit that mold, but as i've said in another thread, this puts the Cavs over the top IMO.

are there any teams in the league that have made any moves to successfully counter LeBron?

Depends on what you consider counter. the point is guys like Wade, Bron and Kobe cannot be STOPPED, but certain defenders in the league can make it harder for them. Artest, Bruce Bowen, Prince, Raja Bell, and Battier are defenders who are known to make star wing players earn every basket.

They are strong enough to hold their own in the post. they are quick on their feet so they do not get blown by easily and they have length to disrupt passing lanes and challenge shots. They also have pretty good BBall i.q. We are lacking that right now. Peaches is a good candidate but he does so many dumb things on the floor that it almost negates his defense.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

Bruce Bowen is retired. That's a great idea. I am sure Lebron is terrified.

You cannot possibly be serious about your comment? Reread my post and think it over i beg you.