Sign in to follow this  
GhostAnime

My basketball interest has just dropped massively

There is a difference between realistically wondering if the Magic can beat the Cavs after the Jamison acquisition and pondering whether its worth it to watch the rest of the season. I'm one of the people that believe that the Magic, as they are currently constructed, can not beat the Cavs in a 7 games series. I think that Jamison takes away the last major matchup advantage that the Magic had on the Cavs.

That being said, I will watch the rest of this season and ENJOY the rest of this season. I can easily see the Magic making it back to the ECF and once they get there, who knows what will happen. That's why they play the games. Even if they lose to the Cavs though I can still appreciate the year. My memory isn't so bad that I'm unable to remember when this team struggled to win 35 games.

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

i think we just give dwight the ball 25 times a game..series over, we win easily..we have a superstar let's use him..he is really looking great and seems to be showing a lot of new moves..they look more fluid and not as robotic..

The greatest issue for Dwight is foul trouble, sadly i don't see him avoiding that against the cavs.

The greatest issue for Dwight is foul trouble, sadly i don't see him avoiding that against the cavs.

if he plays smart, hopefully he can get shaqs slow rump in foul trouble..

WOW, some of you are in panic mode. You make it seem like they just cloned Wilt Chamberlain and placed him on the Cavs.

It's Antawn Jamison. He is a good player but he in no way is going to take over a game and create shots for others while Lebron is on the bench. He is not Scottie Pippen.

It's Antawn Jamison who has been out of the 1st round once with the Wiz.

It's just Antawn Jamison.... a role player.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

WOW, some of you are in panic mode. You make it seem like they just cloned Wilt Chamberlain and placed him on the Cavs.

It's Antawn Jamison. He is a good player but he in no way is going to take over a game and create shots for others while Lebron is on the bench. He is not Scottie Pippen.

It's Antawn Jamison who has been out of the 1st round once with Dallas, and AFTER they traded him to the Wiz they made the finals.

It's just Antawn Jamison.... a role player.

i was thinking the same thing, everyones acting like they just picked up lebron..

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

There is a difference between realistically wondering if the Magic can beat the Cavs after the Jamison acquisition and pondering whether its worth it to watch the rest of the season. I'm one of the people that believe that the Magic, as they are currently constructed, can not beat the Cavs in a 7 games series. I think that Jamison takes away the last major matchup advantage that the Magic had on the Cavs.

That being said, I will watch the rest of this season and ENJOY the rest of this season. I can easily see the Magic making it back to the ECF and once they get there, who knows what will happen. That's why they play the games. Even if they lose to the Cavs though I can still appreciate the year. My memory isn't so bad that I'm unable to remember when this team struggled to win 35 games.

That definitely brings perspective to the situation. but we have been talking championship for two-three years. Anything less would be a disappointment. Reaching the ECF just would not suffice. So if i have doubt about us getting there then you wonder why bother? But that's just me. But even with all that i KNOW i can't stay away. Even if the end is a teary one.

lol, the Cavs get Jamison (albeit for nothing) and the season is over? I don't buy it.

Concern yourself with our team, if Vince gets back in his slump and Jameer misses every other game (mentally or physically) then, yes, the season is a wash. But there are 27 games to go and we have no idea what this team will look like. I still believe our chances are excellent.

btw, for anybody that actually watched the game, we have a monster. His name is Dwight Howard. He'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs.

cavs with a stretch 4 that has a history of giving lewis troubles is just not very promising no matter how you look at it. we now can't double ANYBODY on that team. they essentially play just like us.