Diplo

Semi Ot: Cavs talking to get Amare & J-Rich

quote:
Originally posted by Bun B:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Amare's defense against Dwight his flopping.

So let's tally this up:

Vajayjay: flopper = at least 1-2 fouls on Dwight

Amare: flopper = 1-2 fouls on Dwight

Shaq: too big to defend without fouling = 1-2 fouls on Dwight

Lebron: golden child of NBA = 2-3 fouls on Dwight

It's amazing that people do not get how devastating this could be for us. Our front court IS Dwight. He'd have three fouls before the opening tip.

It's not about putting together a team with the most talented individual pieces. It's about assembling a well-rounded team that can fit and play well together. There is no question that Amare is an extremely talented offensive player, but he would have been a much better fit on Miami/Chicago rather than Cleveland. It hurts somewhat that the Cavs are really not giving anything up to get him, but I don't believe that this trade automatically makes them the team to beat. I think we can still take them in a series and that the Lakers are still the favorites.

Just stop and think about it for a sec. Who is our team built around? Dwight. What are Varejao, Amare, Shaq and Lebron all notorious for? That's right, drawing fouls on Dwight. If Dwight is not on the floor consistently we are not gonna play well. If we don't play well we are gonna LOSE. The point is our enemies are attacking our best player and if they successfully neutralize him then we ARE DEAD . It's that simple. They don't have to mesh as a team to beat us. They have the best player on earth to score points at will. all they need to do is take us out of our game. That is do what every NFL team does to try to beat the COLTs, ensure that Payton Manning's butt is glued to the bench. If Dwight cannot play then he/we can't beat them. Do you get it now? That's why Stan doubled Shaq. Its not that Dwight can't defend him , but with the way the game is called these days Dwight is going to get in foul trouble, so he keeps Shaq from getting him the ball.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

we almost beat them even with dwight in foul trouble.

Ghost, you gotta see the danger in this. Ad Mo Williams, and Amare to that team and we will not beat them. They have 4 guys who can try to draw fouls on Dwight on both ends of the floor. Amare, Shaq and Lebron on the offensive end, and Varejao on the defensive end (Offensive fouls) They want to take Dwight out of the series.

You guys downplaying this trade are hilarious. Shaq and Amare won't be on the court together, so there's no point in looking at how things played out for the Suns.

If this deal goes down I think we officially have no shot at beating the Cavs in the ECF, assuming we make it that deep. Here's to hoping that Otis is being proactive rather than just sitting on his arse and hoping this somehow hurts Cavs' team chemistry. That Cavs team is on a mission and Lebron won't let them get off track. Trust me, this deal will be catastrophic to any chance of us winning a title this year. To think otherwise is wishful thinking at its finest.

quote:
Originally posted by gobucsmagic:

You guys downplaying this trade are hilarious. Shaq and Amare won't be on the court together, so there's no point in looking at how things played out for the Suns.

If this deal goes down I think we officially have no shot at beating the Cavs in the ECF, assuming we make it that deep. Here's to hoping that Otis is being proactive rather than just sitting on his arse and hoping this somehow hurts Cavs' team chemistry. That Cavs team is on a mission and Lebron won't let them get off track. Trust me, this deal will be catastrophic to any chance of us winning a title this year. To think otherwise is wishful thinking at its finest.

+1 If Otis doesn't make a move i think he's conceding the season in hope of making a bigger splash during the summer.

quote:
Originally posted by gobucsmagic:

I think you will see them on the court, especially since they will both start

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So let's tally this up:

It's amazing that people do not get how devastating this could be for us. Our front court IS Dwight. He'd have three fouls before the opening tip.

It's not about putting together a team with the most talented individual pieces. It's about assembling a well-rounded team that can fit and play well together. There is no question that Amare is an extremely talented offensive player, but he would have been a much better fit on Miami/Chicago rather than Cleveland. It hurts somewhat that the Cavs are really not giving anything up to get him, but I don't believe that this trade automatically makes them the team to beat. I think we can still take them in a series and that the Lakers are still the favorites.

Just stop and think about it for a sec. Who is our team built around? Dwight. What are Varejao, Amare, Shaq and Lebron all notorious for? That's right, drawing fouls on Dwight. If Dwight is not on the floor consistently we are not gonna play well. If we don't play well we are gonna LOSE. The point is our enemies are attacking our best player and if they successfully neutralize him then we ARE DEAD . It's that simple. They don't have to mesh as a team to beat us. They have the best player on earth to score points at will. all they need to do is take us out of our game. That is do what every NFL team does to try to beat the COLTs, ensure that Payton Manning's butt is glued to the bench. If Dwight cannot play then he/we can't beat them. Do you get it now? That's why Stan doubled Shaq. Its not that Dwight can't defend him , but with the way the game is called these days Dwight is going to get in foul trouble, so he keeps Shaq from getting him the ball.

:golf clap:

couldn't have said it better than myself.

And I'm with rtillaree; that loophole should be addressed immediately in the next CBA.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So let's tally this up:

:golf clap:

couldn't have said it better than myself.

And I'm with rtillaree; that loophole should be addressed immediately in the next CBA.

Yeah, it's garbage. So basically Phoenix will only be getting Hickson and a 1st RND Pick. But in their defense, they're not going far even if they do make the playoffs and Amar'e was leaving regardless.

I also think it will be interesting to see how far Cleveland will be in the luxury tax next year

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

ESPN and Yahoo both reporting that the deal is imminent...

I hope this means that Otis will be firing back...otherwise, we are screwed.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

ESPN and Yahoo both reporting that the deal is imminent...

I hope this means that Otis will be firing back...otherwise, we are screwed.

Wade or bust