Sign in to follow this  
christophergentry110401

Latrell Sprewell-PJ Carlesimo Choking Incedent for those who don't know the story

The 'Choke' Artist

By Mike Puma

Special to ESPN.com

Signature Event

Dec. 1, 1997 - Three days after being fined for missing a team flight and arriving late to Salt Lake City the night before a game, Latrell Sprewell let Golden State Warriors coach P.J. Carlesimo know that it was best to leave him alone.

"I don't want to hear it today," Sprewell said after Carlesimo asked him to throw crisper passes during a practice.

Tensions had been boiling between the two. Three weeks earlier, Carlesimo yanked Sprewell from a game against the Los Angeles Lakers, calling him a joke, because Sprewell was laughing in the huddle during a timeout. The Lakers held a big lead at the time.

Today, Carlesimo was warned by Sprewell not to approach him. When the coach ignored the caveat, Sprewell grabbed Carlesimo by the throat for 10-15 seconds before the other players stepped in. About 20 minutes later, Sprewell returned to throw punches at the coach. He landed a glancing blow.

"What I did was wrong, but when you sit back and watch it take off, you realize you have no control over it," Sprewell said. "Once the media got hold of it, it wasn't coming back. It was me against the world at that point."

Sprewell didn't talk with the media at the start of the 1997-98 season, a move he later conceded played a part in his attack on Carlesimo.

http://espn.go.com/classic/s/add_sprewell_latrell.html

The 'Choke' Artist

By Mike Puma

Special to ESPN.com

Signature Event

Dec. 1, 1997 - Three days after being fined for missing a team flight and arriving late to Salt Lake City the night before a game, Latrell Sprewell let Golden State Warriors coach P.J. Carlesimo know that it was best to leave him alone.

"I don't want to hear it today," Sprewell said after Carlesimo asked him to throw crisper passes during a practice.

Tensions had been boiling between the two. Three weeks earlier, Carlesimo yanked Sprewell from a game against the Los Angeles Lakers, calling him a joke, because Sprewell was laughing in the huddle during a timeout. The Lakers held a big lead at the time.

Today, Carlesimo was warned by Sprewell not to approach him. When the coach ignored the caveat, Sprewell grabbed Carlesimo by the throat for 10-15 seconds before the other players stepped in. About 20 minutes later, Sprewell returned to throw punches at the coach. He landed a glancing blow.

"What I did was wrong, but when you sit back and watch it take off, you realize you have no control over it," Sprewell said. "Once the media got hold of it, it wasn't coming back. It was me against the world at that point."

Sprewell didn't talk with the media at the start of the 1997-98 season, a move he later conceded played a part in his attack on Carlesimo.

http://espn.go.com/classic/s/add_sprewell_latrell.html

LMAO, so everyone feel sorry for Spree it is him against the world boo hoo, I dont understand why me choking my coach is getting so much attention, i am glad he is out of the league, what a pompous ***.

this incident made both pj and spree look bad. spree soon became made out to be a thug while pj was made out to look like a bad coach. i mean, how many coaches have been choked by one of their own players. today, both are sitting in second rate job positions(actually, spree is sitting at rock bottom with no job at all).

As you can see by my Avatar...Sprewell is making money off of something else...his spinners..but to be specific.."Sprewells"