quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

quote:

Lewis could certainly make a case for volume and 3pm, but idk how they pick to be honest...and really, the shootout isn't the place for Lewis, we saw that in the final round last season. Redick however, he would dominate in a shootout I believe...

I don't know Redick has a high jump which is slow. He would actually probably get tired for the last rack.

of course JJ has already won numerous 3-point shootouts in the past, including the McDonald's All-American Three-Point Contest in 2002.

Yeah in high school where the three point line is closer as well. Don't get me wrong he is a great shooter. However I take Ryan over JJ in a three point contest just due to the difference in their form.

So, are you saying the minor difference in distance that he has to "run" would make the difference as to whether or not he would be tired? Really?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lewis could certainly make a case for volume and 3pm, but idk how they pick to be honest...and really, the shootout isn't the place for Lewis, we saw that in the final round last season. Redick however, he would dominate in a shootout I believe...

I don't know Redick has a high jump which is slow. He would actually probably get tired for the last rack.

of course JJ has already won numerous 3-point shootouts in the past, including the McDonald's All-American Three-Point Contest in 2002.

Yeah in high school where the three point line is closer as well. Don't get me wrong he is a great shooter. However I take Ryan over JJ in a three point contest just due to the difference in their form.

alright, fine whatever...it's easy to determine how a player will do in a competition based on their form...I'll concede to that train of thought...

I think both would do well in a contest, but I dont subscribe the the idea that a shorter guy stands a worse chance at winning. The best shooters I have ever seen were shorter.

Pierce got in because he's in the top 3 for 3pt% this year..... I would've liked to see Daniel Gibson instead of Pierce.... Some of the members on this site are clueless and very biased Magic fans. No one on this team deserved to be in the 3pt shoot out this year, this applies to Reddick.

Wowwww. Awhile back I posted that the league would be dumb if JJ wasn't in there.

And I stand by that.

But it's all for show. They get what they want, which is attraction for TV audiences.

Cook - Defending Champ

Pierce and Billups - Superstars

Frye - Young, talented SEVEN FOOTER (also draws attention from NYC because of his time there)

Curry - Put on a SHOW in the NCAAs, which is something that tons more people watch than the NBA.

Gallo - Adds the NYC market, plus a GLOBAL market (Europe).

I don't think it's a bad list, but I woulda replaced Frye with JJ. JJ woulda made some people here in ACC country at least intrigued by an event that they wouldn't otherwise think about.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Pierce may skip it due to injury right? Isn't his foot hurt or something?

ALSO, NO JASON KAPONO!??! The guy has to do something during the year.

quote:
"If I don't do anything else, I plan on doing that," Pierce said of the shootout.

So he's an ahole about everthing then.

If the NBA didnt have a Boston Celtic in every event on Saturday, well then it just wouldnt be a saturday night. Im surprised they didnt put Rondos smug arse in the dunk contest.