Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Bass Continues to Work Hard & Remain Positive

That mindset is going to be the thing that keeps him around. As soon as he gets discouraged and we hear grumbling is when he becomes more likely to be traded.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

He's going to be the big man version of JJ.

By working hard, does that mean he's working on his three point shot so Stan will play him?

he actually is working on his 3 pt shot, but I wish they would just have him stick with the mid range and give the man some mins.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

That mindset is going to be the thing that keeps him around. As soon as he gets discouraged and we hear grumbling is when he becomes more likely to be traded.

In all honesty, i don't see Bass being here after this year. One of four things have to happen for him to earn playing time. 1) Rasahrd traded or moved to the three. 2) Ryan anderson traded or injured 3) Develop a three point shot or 4) play back-up center.

Most likely he will be traded at the trade deadline if we get another Big in return or in the off season.

Well I think his sole purpose is to guard a big like Bynum but really I think Stan is set on using Gortat and Howard over Bass and Howard. Gortat can shoot a mid-range jumper, and his defense is better. Probably just due to the fact he knows our system.

quote:
Originally posted by Magics Fan from Syria:

Bass is fighting a pointless battle. SVG doesnt know how to use a real Power Forward and unless Bass turns into a better three point shooter then his teammates he wont get playtime and get traded

+1

We said these same things about J.J. as soon as a few months ago, and said them for two plus years.

He just needs to hang in there until a. Rashard/Anderson/or Gortat gets hurt or until b. Gortat gets traded.

Considering the money both guys make, and the positions they can play.. I'm almost positive Gortat gets traded before Bass does.

The only way that's not true is if Anderson blows up and makes himself unbenchable in ALL situations.