Sign in to follow this  
Faux Hawk

Would you make this trade for Hinrich?

Jameer for Jacque Vaughn. He's one of those pass first guys. I also bet his a/t ratio is good cuz he passes first and stuff. Let's do it Otis. Let's get rid of that smelly Nelson guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Drtg has nothing to do with who you're guarding. It's a calculation of the number of points your opponent will score in 100 possessions while you're on the court.

The Bulls are statistically better defensively when Hinrich isn't playing.

False.

On court: 103.4 points allowed/100 possessions

Off court: 106.9 points allowed/100 possessions

http://www.82games.com/0910/09CHI4.HTM#onoff

Funny how you call people stupid and then just make up stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

Wow DOM. You have a PG guarding SG's you don't think the drtg is going to be a bit higher? He is a great defender but just like Hubie Brown said the other night he gives up too much size to be very effective for long stretches.

It's stupid because you don't agree with it. Come on everyone is entitled to their opinion. I disagree with a lot of things you say but I never think of it as stupid. I think of it as your opinion. I also agree with a lot of the things you say too.

I never said he was a great offensive player either. I was just disputing that he was as horrible as you made him out to be on the offensive end.

a)Drtg doesn't just involve man to man defense, so the effect of guarding someone larger than you would be minimal.

B) His drtg has been worse than his team's every year for the last 3 years, so it's been the case since long before he had the excuse of playing some shooting guard.

And no, it's not stupid because it's different than my opinion. It's stupid because it disagrees with factual evidence.

quote:
Originally posted by yeahright:

quote:

Drtg has nothing to do with who you're guarding. It's a calculation of the number of points your opponent will score in 100 possessions while you're on the court.

The Bulls are statistically better defensively when Hinrich isn't playing.

False.

You're right. I made it up. Except I didn't:

Kirk Hinrich Drtg: 106

Chicago Bulls' Team Drtg: 104

http://www.basketball-referenc.../teams/CHI/2010.html

And for what it's worth: 82games is a TERRIBLE site for statistics. This is a site that repeatedly said the Spurs were a better defensive team without Tim Duncan throughout Duncan's prime.

82games.com is useful for quarter by quarter breakdowns, and pretty much nothing else.

quote:
quote:

You're right. I made it up. Except I didn't:

Kirk Hinrich Drtg: 106

Chicago Bulls' Team Drtg: 104

http://www.basketball-referenc.../teams/CHI/2010.html

And for what it's worth: 82games is a TERRIBLE site for statistics. This is a site that repeatedly said the Spurs were a better defensive team without Tim Duncan throughout Duncan's prime.

82games.com is useful for quarter by quarter breakdowns, and pretty much nothing else.

Hahaha. Well all I can say is somebody who think Kirk Hinrich is a good defender isn't stupid.

According to your source and the way you apply that to Kirk Hinrich Derrick Rose is a horrible defender, worst on the team except the garbage players. I don't know what to think about that.

And the difference between the sources is odd to say the least. I wouldn't dare to put one above the other, they're both pretty thorough and being referred to often as well.

How about look at him play defense instead of looking at the numbers. After watching him play defense tell me if you think he is a great defender or not.

Numbers are not the end all DOM. Use your eyes. By your facts how can you say he isn't when all you can base it on is TEAM production? Look at his individual play defensively and tell me he is not a superb defender. Look at the other players he is playing with while on the court. Are their men going off? He can't guard everyone.

Is Kevin Love a more superior player than Dwight or Kobe? His PER is higher.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

Bulls send Hinrich for Jameer and Foyle?

It works and provides 2.3 million in relief for the Bulls next summer.

there's a trade thread at the top where several other awful trades like this go. no need to make a new thread

Wow I completely did not see that you were made a moderator.

because telling someone that there's already a thread stickied where topics like this already go is me being a moderator?

you apparently don't see a lot of things otherwise you would have seen that this trade is terrible and the whole hinrich for jameer thing has been discussed a bunch here

+1