Noonskadoodle17

Teams calling about JJ (Alex Kennedy) JJ to CHI? Page 5

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

Hope this does not happen, but JJ is an awesome young player. Nonetheless Otis Smith has made very poor decisions in the past.

You've done a lot of bashing on Otis and Stan lately. Did you bash them this much last season and during the playoffs on the way to the finals? I mean, for two guys who seem to have nothing but bad things to post towards, Otis did build the team, and Stan did coach the team that went to the NBA finals.

Actually- I feel like SVG has improved in his decision making and I see a lot less panic. Like it or not, Smith has made some very bad decisions this year. Carter thing alone was bad. He is old, injury prone and not does not play well in the Magic system. I am still think we should have kept Alston. If Nelson cannot play the rest of the year, we are screwed big time.

I think this is bull. No offense. but to say the moves Otiz made were bad would be a slap in the face of reality. Barnes was a good move, Bass though he's not playing was a good move, J-Will was a good move. The only "Questionable" move was Vince and no one expected him to struggle as much as he has. Letting Hedo go at the contract he wanted was a good move. It's not like he's lighting up the league. In addition we got a better player for C-Lee in Anderson.

This is only my opinion. The Carter was a major blunder because we are not going to be able to trade him. There was a reason NJ traded him away. Nelson is hurt again, and no one is sure of the outcome. Do you really think Jason Williams can lead us to a victory in the ECF? Anyone can see the dude struggles playing major minutes. Also, if Smith trades JJ for some other old washed out player, this would be dumb as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hope this does not happen, but JJ is an awesome young player. Nonetheless Otis Smith has made very poor decisions in the past.

You've done a lot of bashing on Otis and Stan lately. Did you bash them this much last season and during the playoffs on the way to the finals? I mean, for two guys who seem to have nothing but bad things to post towards, Otis did build the team, and Stan did coach the team that went to the NBA finals.

Actually- I feel like SVG has improved in his decision making and I see a lot less panic. Like it or not, Smith has made some very bad decisions this year. Carter thing alone was bad. He is old, injury prone and not does not play well in the Magic system. I am still think we should have kept Alston. If Nelson cannot play the rest of the year, we are screwed big time.

I think this is bull. No offense. but to say the moves Otiz made were bad would be a slap in the face of reality. Barnes was a good move, Bass though he's not playing was a good move, J-Will was a good move. The only "Questionable" move was Vince and no one expected him to struggle as much as he has. Letting Hedo go at the contract he wanted was a good move. It's not like he's lighting up the league. In addition we got a better player for C-Lee in Anderson.

Matching Gortat's offer to make sure he doesn't walk away without Orlando getting something in return was also a good move.

I think it's funny to see people complain about Otis "breaking up" the finals team to put some of these new guys on the court. It just strikes me as odd to call the guy an idiot on one hand for making changes to a team he himself put together that made it to the finals.

Did you think he was an idiot for putting last seasons team together? Did you think he was an idiot for bringing in Alston when 'Meer went down? Did you think he was an idiot when we went through Philly, Boston, and Cleveland to make it to the finals?

No, you didn't.

Now, the Carter thing isn't going as planned. Which, by the way, doesn't mean it will not end up working, it means it is taking longer than most people thought it would to get going. All of a sudden, the guy who put together the Finals team that you so loved, is an idiot.

In my book, he earned some respect, and some benefit of the doubt. Sure, he took a chance on Vince, but at the same time, he minimized that chance, and didn't saddle us with Hedo long term. if Vince doesn't work out, he is a nice expiring deal next season. In other words, he has options. He isn't locked in long term with Vince.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Matching Gortat's offer to make sure he doesn't walk away without Orlando getting something in return was also a good move.

I think it's funny to see people complain about Otis "breaking up" the finals team to put some of these new guys on the court. It just strikes me as odd to call the guy an idiot on one hand for making changes to a team he himself put together that made it to the finals.

Did you think he was an idiot for putting last seasons team together? Did you think he was an idiot for bringing in Alston when 'Meer went down? Did you think he was an idiot when we went through Philly, Boston, and Cleveland to make it to the finals?

No, you didn't.

Now, the Carter thing isn't going as planned. Which, by the way, doesn't mean it will not end up working, it means it is taking longer than most people thought it would to get going. All of a sudden, the guy who put together the Finals team that you so loved, is an idiot.

In my book, he earned some respect, and some benefit of the doubt. Sure, he took a chance on Vince, but at the same time, he minimized that chance, and didn't saddle us with Hedo long term. if Vince doesn't work out, he is a nice expiring deal next season. In other words, he has options. He isn't locked in long term with Vince.

You are putting words im ny mouth. I did not say that his all of his decision were bad. I just disagree with you about Carter. I do not think is going to work at all. So what is Smith doing about getting a PG now that Nelson is hurt again?

quote:

This is only my opinion. The Carter was a major blunder because we are not going to be able to trade him. There was a reason NJ traded him away. Nelson is hurt again, and no one is sure of the outcome. Do you really think Jason Williams can lead us to a victory in the ECF? Anyone can see the dude struggles playing major minutes. Also, if Smith trades JJ for some other old washed out player, this would be dumb as well.

Wow, you're an idiot. Vince Carter will be one of the more sought after players in the NBA in about 5 months.

Magicfan1961's becoming insufferable with her redundancy about Carter.

We get it, you dislike everything about him.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

Wow, you're an idiot. Vince Carter will be one of the more sought after players in the NBA in about 5 months.

LOL. Unless he makes out of this world improvements. I think Wade, Bosh and James will be the most sought after players.

quote:

The reason that Carter was traded was because the nets were looking to rebuild. It doesn't make sense to keep Carter for 2-3 years of rebuilding.

Jason Williams already has a ring as a starting point guard. Doesn't he?

We'll probably trade part of our TPE/sign a D-league point guard sometime in the future.

quote:

quote:

quote:

LOL. Unless he makes out of this world improvements. I think Wade, Bosh and James will be the most sought after players.

he did say "one of the more" you could have all those guys above him plus a couple more and he would still be one of the more sought after guys in a trade.

I don't feel like reading back through to see if this was already stated, but the JJ for Salmons (with Gortat and Tyrus potentially) was proposed by Chicago. Otis isn't too interested, and will probably stand pat unless he sees something drastic before the deadline.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Perhaps, but again, "one of the more sought after" makes your reaction retarded. But of players who are realistically going to be traded, Vince Carter will be a favorite this summer. Again, you're an idiot for not realizing the value of large, expiring contracts.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Perhaps, but again, "one of the more sought after" makes your reaction retarded. But of players who are realistically going to be traded, Vince Carter will be a favorite this summer. Again, you're an idiot for not realizing the value of large, expiring contracts.

Well, I quess we all can't be as brillant as you are.