Sign in to follow this  
Noonskadoodle17

Here's a scary thought.....

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

why would they have to give up one of those 3? they could package Gibson/Parker/Moon together and land Iggy...

If the Sixers GM gave up Iggy for that he should be more than fired, he should be shot, which could very well happen in a city like Philly. If I was the GM I'm not pulling that trigger unless I get two out of those three.

quote:

If the Sixers GM gave up Iggy for that he should be more than fired, he should be shot, which could very well happen in a city like Philly. If I was the GM I'm not pulling that trigger unless I get two out of those three.

Especially to a rival in the same conference.

I can't help but feel that Iggy would become a marginal role player if he started next to Lebron, his good defense and ability on the break would be negated by the absence of good team offense and poor outside shooting. Unless, of course, they wised up and moved 'Bron to the four for extended minutes but that wouldn't happen.

That trade would make the Cavs have one less shooter on the floor. You can guard Iggy the same way you guard Rondo. All you have to do is stop his dribble penetration. The trade that is rumored that would really suck is if they got Jamison. The Wiz don't want to trade Jamison to the Cavs unless the Cavs give up a lot.

Also, if Iggy was so good, the Sixers would not suck.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

That trade would make the Cavs have one less shooter on the floor. You can guard Iggy the same way you guard Rondo. All you have to do is stop his dribble penetration. The trade that is rumored that would really suck is if they got Jamison. The Wiz don't want to trade Jamison to the Cavs unless the Cavs give up a lot.

Also, if Iggy was so good, the Sixers would not suck.

Couldn't you say the same for Jamison and Butler? If they were so good the Wizards wouldn't suck.

quote:

Couldn't you say the same for Jamison and Butler? If they were so good the Wizards wouldn't suck.

You got that right. That is definitely not a good argument to make.

Whether you like it or not, Iggy to the Cavs would be disastrous for us. You say we can guard the paint, but that's just another player that can get fouls on Howard every time he drives in.

There goes our center. And we saw what happened last time Dwight was in foul trouble against the Cavs: they trounced on us.

quote:
Originally posted by Papa Butts:

quote:

You got that right. That is definitely not a good argument to make.

Whether you like it or not, Iggy to the Cavs would be disastrous for us. You say we can guard the paint, but Howard would be called for a foul on every drive in.

There goes our center. And we saw what happened last time Dwight was in foul trouble against the Cavs: they trounced on us.

I don't count that last game, if that makes me a ignorant homer, fine. No stretch four at all, not even Anderson. The Cavs didn't play the real Magic yet this season.

quote:

I don't count that last game, if that makes me a ignorant homer, fine. No stretch four at all, not even Anderson. The Cavs didn't play the real Magic yet this season.

I completely agree with you; I was merely referencing that game in order to show how the absence of Howard can really affect things.

I'd be more concerned about that Bynum for Bosh rumor. If that ever came out I'd bomb LA entirely. The record of getting amazing for nothing would be insane. Chris Paul should be knocking on our doorstep that day with us giving NO an extravagant fruit basket.