Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Would losing next 2 games force Otis to make deadline deal?(link)

So says Steve Kyler...

quote:

Will in Orlando:

How likely is Otis to make a trade before the deadline?This team is just not championship caliber.

Steve Kyler:

You know... I wish I could tell you I have a feel for where Otis is at... I know who's he's talked to - basically everyone -... I know basically whats he's been offered - if I could say without hurting the person who told me I'd say - so don't ask.

My gut says the Magic have to do something, because they are not very good as constructed and its not just Vince... everyone is step slower this year --- Jameer's knee is a bigger issue than anyone will admit... teams have figured out how to play Rashard Lewis at the four spot... Dwight has been a beast lately but thats not enough... Boston on Thursday and Atlanta on Saturday will tell a lot about where the Magic are....

I think if they lose both games, they have to make a deal... but if you have followed Orlando long enough - Otis is stubborn and unwilling to make change just to change.

Vince is unmovable with they way he's been playing... Gortat returns almost nothing because of how he's been playing... Brandon Bass is worth little because he doesn't play... Jameer is hurt... Rashard has a crazy contract...

I would say I think something is likely, if only to breath energy and life into the team... but you have to have assets to make deals and Orlando doesn't have much other teams want.

Agree?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat...id=742&status=Active

So says Steve Kyler...

quote:

Will in Orlando:

How likely is Otis to make a trade before the deadline?This team is just not championship caliber.

Steve Kyler:

You know... I wish I could tell you I have a feel for where Otis is at... I know who's he's talked to - basically everyone -... I know basically whats he's been offered - if I could say without hurting the person who told me I'd say - so don't ask.

My gut says the Magic have to do something, because they are not very good as constructed and its not just Vince... everyone is step slower this year --- Jameer's knee is a bigger issue than anyone will admit... teams have figured out how to play Rashard Lewis at the four spot... Dwight has been a beast lately but thats not enough... Boston on Thursday and Atlanta on Saturday will tell a lot about where the Magic are....

I think if they lose both games, they have to make a deal... but if you have followed Orlando long enough - Otis is stubborn and unwilling to make change just to change.

Vince is unmovable with they way he's been playing... Gortat returns almost nothing because of how he's been playing... Brandon Bass is worth little because he doesn't play... Jameer is hurt... Rashard has a crazy contract...

I would say I think something is likely, if only to breath energy and life into the team... but you have to have assets to make deals and Orlando doesn't have much other teams want.

Agree?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat...id=742&status=Active

Yup gotta say that I agree about 100% except that people have learned how to guard Lewis. Our problem for him is that he was getting open looks last year this year not very many. In my mind that is not that people have learned to guard him but they have seen that nobody finishes when they drive to the basket. Hence nobody crashes to the paint to help. The person that they are leaving on the perimiter is Barnes.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Steve Kyler

The same Steve Kyler that pointed out the Vince chemistry might not work this summer and everyone laughed and insulted him...not saying it won't still work but so far it hasn't.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

quote:
Steve Kyler

The same Steve Kyler that pointed out the Vince chemistry might not work this summer and everyone laughed and insulted him...not saying it won't still work but so far it hasn't.

So, he's right about as many times as robotmaster is... yay?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Steve Kyler

LOL end ElYMAYI

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Steve Kyler

Ha-Ha...give credit where it's due man.

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

As it stands now I believe we need to make a change. God forbid we lose this next two.

we'll win both.BET

It is high time for the real character of this team to show itself. If we have already seen it, then no trade is going to turn this year into the one we have all been hoping for.

Carter has not helped this team. I was not a big fan of Turk, but Turk and Lewis played well together and created match up problems. Carter is not a mismatch. Also, I do not believe that SVG is the coach to lead the Magic to a win in the finals. When you watch the great coaches such as Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, Jerry Sloan and pops, SVG fails.