quote:
Originally posted by magicman44:

quote:
Originally posted by Lawyers/Guns & Money:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

I could have sworn 98% of this forums population hated me when I made a thread titled "Barnes should start over Pietrus" in the first week of the season.

It's okay though, because I forgive anybody that finally sees the truth. He was simply on a shooting slump, and is better suited to a starters role.

To a lot of your's defense, I wasn't alone in this. Many people other than myself will agree that Barnes starting is a GOOD idea, and always has been.

As for leadership, what happened to Jameer?

whats the Magics record with Barnes as a starter?
Have you even watched the games since Barnes has been a starter? His desire and hustle is a breath of fresh air for a team that is just going through the motions. By the way, in the last 10 games he's shooting 54% from the field AND 54% from the 3 point line. Where are you coming from with a statement like that? I'm officially making him my new Guru. The man has balls which is something that is lacking on this team.
I watch every magic game I just asked a question , what is the record since he has become a starter?
You're right. We have a losing record since Barnes has started. His heart and hustle and production mean nothing. Are you some kind of troll in disguise, or just simply in love with MP?
I just asked a question about what our record is with Barnes starting my god lighten up and for the record yes I like Mike Pietrus
What is the topic of this thread? Matt Barnes is calling this team soft, and all you can say is what is our record with Matt starting? Can't you give him credit for being our most productive player in the last 10 games, and appreciate the fact that he's man enough to call this team heartless? I like MP as a player, ain't no doubt about that, but this team needs some fire, and Barnes has the balls to to spark it. Do you disagree with what he said?
I just think the Magic are overrated and people expect them to be great, some peoples styles make things look like they are trying hard or not trying but im sure they are . when you lose by 22 to an undermanned team no excuses allowed
I'll try this one more time. You seem to be evading the subject. Do you agree with what he said about the team playing heartless?

quote:

I just think the Magic are overrated and people expect them to be great, some peoples styles make things look like they are trying hard or not trying but im sure they are . when you lose by 22 to an undermanned team no excuses allowed

So your sure the Magic are trying their best in these losses...hmmm

How is chucking up 3's on several straight possessions actually trying?

How does smiling after blowout losses a sign of heart?

That sounds more like a vacation to me. Most of the Magic players are lacking the hunger to succeed right now and Barnes called them out on it. In the NBA, if you don't attack with energy, the results are not in your favor. I know these guys can do it, they just have to want it as much as Barnes does each and every night. Some nights they do, but most nights....clearly not trying as hard.

quote:

Jameer was voted in by the coaches. T-Mac and Iverson, the fans.

reminds me of the president elections , votes dont matter only electoral votes

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:

Wait...... wut?

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

quote:

Wait...... wut?

Kind of hard to explain...ummm theres 2 types of votes for a president eletoral and the votes from us the peaople.. but the government take the electoral votes of the peaoples votes.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wait...... wut?

Al Gore won the popular vote in 2000, but Bush won the electoral vote. So even though more people voted for Gore, Bush won. Kinda weird, eh?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wait...... wut?

Al Gore won the popular vote in 2000, but Bush won the electoral vote. So even though more people voted for Gore, Bush won. Kinda weird, eh?

I really hope you didn't just try to lecture me on the Electoral College.

I was asking what the EC has to do with Jameer being an All Star.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wait...... wut?

No, I wasn't trying to lecture you on the Electoral College. I believe that the poster was just comparing the end results of the All Star picks to be as unfair as a presidential election, and I was merely pointing it out to you. Sorry if I offended you.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Saw this on Rotoworld...

Matt Barnes openly questioned his teammates' effort and passion following Friday's loss to the Trail Blazers, Orlando's sixth loss in eight games.

"Just because you went to the Finals last year, you can't go out on the floor and expect teams to lay down," said Barnes. "We got no heart ... Everybody has to come and play hard, not just one or two guys." Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter are battling injuries, Rashard Lewis and Dwight Howard are usually frustrated, yet the Magic still have a 26-15 record.

Fixed

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wait...... wut?

Comparing Coaches to the electoral voters

dam im feelin barnes, hes the only one that brings it every night. and he never takes any plays off., at first when we signed him i was just like whatever but now without him our team would be way more garbage and have more losses