Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

SVG: Dwight, Lew, V.C. & Jameer need to take responsibility(pg.4)

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

I would give VC the ball more and Nelson less. In all honestly, VC is our best offensive player. He just needs to be more aggressive and you do that by giving him the same role that Hedo had when he was here. VC right now is just playing the role that JJ Redick would play on offense. Meer is not a creator. Never has and never will be. He has his moments but not enough to be consistent. VC can/has average 20+ points and 4-5 apg. Thats one reason why Fisher and Kobe works.

If any changes to the rotation, put Jwill into the lineup and and move Nelson to the bench.

the problem with giving carter the same role hedu had is that he would still be looking for his shot first. that would defeat the purpose

Well hes probably your best and most versatile offensive player. Are you telling me that Kobe looking for his shot first hasn't helped the Lakers? Now, if VC is just chucking up contested 3's and 20 footers then yeah its a problem but if hes attacking the rim and penetrating he'll attract more attention the anyone else on this team would.

Its what Wade, Kobe, MJ all do and with the personnel we have currently its the best way. Hedo did it too. He would become more of our offensive leader then Meer and it worked. VC needs the ball more but to also attack more. Right now you have Meer whos not our best offensive player trying to create. Then you got Dwight whos not our best offensive player trying to create and you got Lewis ALL trying to create. VC needs to be the one that creates. Its why we traded for him. We let a guy like Hedo who creates leave and traded for an upgrade in VC. We need to let him do just that.

you want to reward carter's awful shot selection, inability to get his teammates involved...by giving him the ball more? your argument for this is that because kobe, wade, and mj all did then why shouldn't carter do it?

The starting lineup against the Lakers needs to be...

C-Dwight Howard

PF-Ryan Anderson

SF-Matt Barnes

SG-JJ Redick

PG-Jason Williams

It won't happen though, because of the contracts guys like Lewis, Jameer, and Vince have. It's a shame money means more than production.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

C-Dwight Howard

PF-Ryan Anderson

SF-Matt Barnes

SG-JJ Redick

PG-Jason Williams

It won't happen though, because of the contracts guys like Lewis, Jameer, and Vince have. It's a shame money means more than production.

who guards kobe? jj?

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

SVG messed up the chemistry we had in the first ten games...good job

how? Lewis wasn't even in all of them.

umm thats the point?....

I don't understand why VC does not stay on the floor with the 2nd unit like Hedo would last season.

If I remember correctly, Meer would go to the bench with 5 min left in the 1st, followed by Howard and Shard with 2 minutes left. I also think that Pietrus would come in for Hedo at the 8 minute mark, then bring him back at the 3 minute mark. Howard would not come back until about 8 min left in the 2nd and Meer around the 6/7 minute mark. Shard and Pietrus would then come back in for Battie and Turk.

That worked pretty well.

So you sub VC out early and bring him back out with the second unit.

I would also like to see RA move into the SL and then slide Shard to the 3. That would cause serious mismatch problems for the other teams. Shard is a good post player, but he is posting up the other teams PF rather than the SF.

I would make my patterns as follows:

Start

Meer

VC

Shard

RA

Howard

8 min mark:

Meer

Reddick

Shard

RA

Howard

5 min mark

JWill

Reddick

Shard

RA

Howard

3 min mark

JWill

VC

Pietrus

Barnes

Howard

2 min mark

JWill

VC

Pietrus

Barnes

Gortat

Start with this same lineup in the 2nd.

Bring Shard, Howard, and RA back at the 8 min mark.

Bring Meer and JJ back at the 6 min mark and sit VC for the rest of the half.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

C-Dwight Howard

PF-Ryan Anderson

SF-Matt Barnes

SG-JJ Redick

PG-Jason Williams

who guards kobe? jj?

Barnes/Pietrus can have that duty.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I would give VC the ball more and Nelson less. In all honestly, VC is our best offensive player. He just needs to be more aggressive and you do that by giving him the same role that Hedo had when he was here. VC right now is just playing the role that JJ Redick would play on offense. Meer is not a creator. Never has and never will be. He has his moments but not enough to be consistent. VC can/has average 20+ points and 4-5 apg. Thats one reason why Fisher and Kobe works.

If any changes to the rotation, put Jwill into the lineup and and move Nelson to the bench.

the problem with giving carter the same role hedu had is that he would still be looking for his shot first. that would defeat the purpose

Well hes probably your best and most versatile offensive player. Are you telling me that Kobe looking for his shot first hasn't helped the Lakers? Now, if VC is just chucking up contested 3's and 20 footers then yeah its a problem but if hes attacking the rim and penetrating he'll attract more attention the anyone else on this team would.

Its what Wade, Kobe, MJ all do and with the personnel we have currently its the best way. Hedo did it too. He would become more of our offensive leader then Meer and it worked. VC needs the ball more but to also attack more. Right now you have Meer whos not our best offensive player trying to create. Then you got Dwight whos not our best offensive player trying to create and you got Lewis ALL trying to create. VC needs to be the one that creates. Its why we traded for him. We let a guy like Hedo who creates leave and traded for an upgrade in VC. We need to let him do just that.

you want to reward carter's awful shot selection, inability to get his teammates involved...by giving him the ball more? your argument for this is that because kobe, wade, and mj all did then why shouldn't carter do it?

VC's shot selection has come from Meer being the facilitator as well as Dwight. Right now VC is playing the same role that Redick plays. Wait out near the 3 and hope for the ball to come to him or move without the ball. He needs to ball more to penetrate the lane. If hes not penetrating then your right, its not gonna work but hes done this his entire career. Meer is a shooter. Not a creator and should not be taking on so much ball handling duties. Take a look at his history. Hes never averaged more then 6 apg. VC on the other has average 20+ points and 4=5 assists.

I bring up Kobe because take a look at the lineup with Fisher. Sure, they are a much better squad but its what Kobe does. He handles the ball probably more then Fisher does and Fisher is a pg. Fisher is more of a shooter though.

I'm just saying...Its worth a try. Only thing you can do is either trade for a legit pg or trade for a better sg and whats the chances of that happening?

Hedo had the opportunities to do this and VC should have the same since we brought him in here as an upgrade. You can't be to hard on VC. The man has been injured more then any player has I can remember in a half of season.

quote:

quote:

quote:

SVG messed up the chemistry we had in the first ten games...good job

how? Lewis wasn't even in all of them.

umm thats the point?....

But it's pretty clear that we need Lewis in order to do anything in the future. That 'chemistry' in the first 10 games still was still sorta embarrassing.

Example: Lewis is out, Anderson in we played good and anderson was beast, nelson out , j will in we played good and jwill showed he still got it..

That was until that west coast trip when he couldn't play extended minutes.

But I would rather have our team today than what we had the first 10 games, because that clearly wasn't a championship team anyway.

quote:

That was until that west coast trip when he couldn't play extended minutes.

But I would rather have our team today than what we had the first 10 games, because that clearly wasn't a championship team anyway.

Oh yeah....and this team is so going to win a championship.

quote:

Oh yeah....and this team is so going to win a championship.

LOL. Yep, this team, thats been getting blown out by almost every team less than .500 is def. going to the championships.

Simple: replace Jameer with Nelson, and Lewis with Anderson.

Done and Done. Let them play in the second unit.