Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Denton: Rashard Looks to Regain Form ... Good Read

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

lol, it's obvious Lewis hates what Carter turned this team's offense into.

Carter hasnt even played in the last 3 games and Lewis has still sucked.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:

BMP has joined the club at finding any chance they can to take shots at Vince.

-as much as I want Rashard getting more shots. With the way he's been playing, and the incapability of driving at all without looking foolish, makes this article hard to read.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:

quote:

-as much as I want Rashard getting more shots. With the way he's been playing, and the incapability of driving at all without looking foolish, makes this article hard to read.

This is what I knew would happen when you have so many guys who can only score, they start bickering over shots. VC's problem is that he by far is the worst shooter yet he takes the most, lets see what's wrong with that picture.

I don't think Rashard is any better shooting the ball....his offensive game is so pathetic when he's not making his 3s. He's been a total nonfactor because he can do so little with the ball. Otis really looks foolish for handing him that deal.

quote:

I don't read that in here at all. What I read is that offenses are not giving Lewis the open looks he had last season and adjustments aren't made to get him more involved. Doubles on Dwight aren't coming from Shard's man, and they are doing a good job of denying him the ball and keeping him out of the game offensively (which also seems to take him out of the game defensively as well).

The problem isn't a lack of Hedo (as some people would suggest). The problem is Jameer gettign his game going, and/or Vince getting his. Last season, before his injury, Jameer did a great job of forcing the defense to respect his game with his penetration and jump shooting. Once Vince gets his game going with the starters, defenses will have to focus more on him and Dwight, and Lewis will find those opportunities from last season returning.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

I don't read that in here at all. What I read is that offenses are not giving Lewis the open looks he had last season and adjustments aren't made to get him more involved. Doubles on Dwight aren't coming from Shard's man, and they are doing a good job of denying him the ball and keeping him out of the game offensively (which also seems to take him out of the game defensively as well).

The problem isn't a lack of Hedo (as some people would suggest). The problem is Jameer gettign his game going, and/or Vince getting his. Last season, before his injury, Jameer did a great job of forcing the defense to respect his game with his penetration and jump shooting. Once Vince gets his game going with the starters, defenses will have to focus more on him and Dwight, and Lewis will find those opportunities from last season returning.

i agree with you fully if i was an nba coach playing against the magic at the moment i would give jameer and vince all the room to shoot they may score 25-30 between them but they will take 20+ shots to do it.

at the other end id attack the rim with dribble penetration and if the refs are calling taky fouls go the whole way an if not dish to a mid range scorer as we collapse too often on the drive.

by doing this ill either get them in foul trouble or get a bucketload of open shots as we dont close out well at all.

quote:

I don't think Rashard is any better shooting the ball....his offensive game is so pathetic when he's not making his 3s. He's been a total nonfactor because he can do so little with the ball. Otis really looks foolish for handing him that deal.

He sure didn't last year.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:

quote:

Yeah dude, you got it. It has nothing to do with the fact that this is Lewis' second time talking about how a lot of times they just have to stand around and watch on offense.

Get ****ing real, for once admit some of the things Carter does on offense is not good for the team. I'm not saying that's all he does, but when he goes into iso mode and thinks he's Kobe/Lebron it really is upsetting. Start of the season he was doing great creating for others, whether or not the shots went in. More and more it's almost like he feels the need to keep up a 20ppg average this season, and does that by taking a lot of bad shots and not creating any flow on the offense. He's not a bad player by any means, but when you're in a slump, give the ****ing ball up.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

Yes, but the problem is, Carter and Nelson have both basically been doing the same thing. Looking for their own shots. Last year, it was mainly Nelson looking for his own. I'm not gonna say Hedo was the ****ing man, especially since his shot selection was just as terrible if not worse than VCs, but he was a lot less selfish.

Right now we have both Wince and Meer not trying to create much on offense, and with both not shooting very well, it really just means less points and less opportunities. Instead of trying to "shoot out of their slump" they should be focusing on giving the ball up more to their teammates.