Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Post your Music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLthJDXbq6Y

Honestly, not to sound like a hipster douche, but the songs that never got radio airplay will always be the best Nirvana songs to me.

Yeah, but those songs weren't constantly crammed down your throat by the radio for over 10 years. Those two Nirvana albums are amazing, but I can't listen to them at all anymore. It's a burn out thing.

I find that happening to me with anything that has mainstream appeal. You just start to hear it everywhere and get burnt out on it no matter how good it is. Like Vampire Weekend. Now they're in trailers and commercials and it taints the albums for me. Not because they're popular, that's a good thing. But because I hear it too much.

Berto..

In the time since the Kills released their 2008 album Midnight Boom, the oozing blues duo have been busy with other things. Alison Mosshart has been kicking it with Jack White in the Dead Weather, and Jamie Hince has been racking up low-grade tabloid fame as Kate Moss' boyfriend. But now the duo is back together and gearing up to release another album. On their website, the Kills announce that new LP Blood Pressures is coming April 5 in the U.S. and a day earlier in the rest of the world via Domino. We've got the tracklist below.

The duo recorded the album in Michigan and London. Hince produced the record, with Bill Skibbe co-producing. Skibbe and Jessica Ruffins recorded it. On the band's website, they posted a sort of impressionistic recollection of things that they did while recording the album. It doesn't offer many clues as to how the album will sound, but it does include details about how much food the studio dogs ate during the sessions (360 pounds!). Check it out here.

Blood Pressures:

01 Future Starts Slow

02 Satellite

03 Heart Is a Beating Drum

04 Nail in My Coffin

05 Wild Charms

06 DNA

07 Baby Says

08 Last Goodbye

09 Damned If She Do

10 You Don't Own the Road

11 Pots and Pans

BMP, I'll check that out later since I'm at work.

I post this band in the chat from time to time just to point out how awful it is. Well, here's the first single, and it's puketastic. Liam Gallagher still acts like it's 1996, and his voice sounds like tweetie bird imitating John Lennon. I liked the better version of this song when it came out in 1970 - it was called Instant Karma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcOJu0g8dbw

Thought I'd share some (or a lot) weird, silly, eccentric Icelandic music. Some of it MIGHT have been posted SOMEWHERE in this thread, but I doubt it.

In no particular order... (Sorry for low quality on some of these)

Jónsi (Sigur Rós)

Jónsi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXtBU-qaWac