Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Post your Music

Mine is the Chili Peppers album, naturally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU8t6kw7cR4

They need more **** like this though.

I honestly hated that album. Oh well.

No order:

M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

St. Vincent - Strange Mercy

TV on the Radio - Nine Types of Light

Bon Iver - Bon Iver, Bon Iver

Yuck

Smith Westerns - Dye it Blonde

Anna Calvi

Arctic Monkeys - Suck it and See

Battles - Glass Drop

Destroyer - Kaputt

Laura Marling - A Creature I Don't Know

Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math

Radiohead - King of Limbs

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

The Strokes - Angles

Childish Gambino, Mastodon, Thrice, Thursday, The Muppets soundtrack, Laura Stevenson and the Cans, Tyler the Creator, The Roots, Manchester Orchestra, Opeth, and I'm sure I'm missing some.

Muppets huh? That should be fun. I've only heard Thursday and Manchester Orchestra out of that. Thursday didn't really have much of an impact on me, but I liked Simple Math.

Oh, and for what it's worth, Pitchfork killed that dude from Community.

Muppets huh? That should be fun. I've only heard Thursday and Manchester Orchestra out of that. Thursday didn't really have much of an impact on me, but I liked Simple Math.

Oh, and for what it's worth, Pitchfork killed that dude from Community.

Pitchfork is Pitchfork.

I forgot about TVotR's album. That's another gem this year.

I almost exclusively bought older records this year. I'll have to go back and figure out which albums I bought were actually released this year.

What did you buy? Do you buy any vinyl or just CD/mp3? I've always considered getting vinyl, but I've never gotten around to buying a record player.

What did you buy? Do you buy any vinyl or just CD/mp3? I've always considered getting vinyl, but I've never gotten around to buying a record player.

I stopped buying vinyl when the old record player I inherited broke.

I just live in too small an apartment to have anywhere to put a record player if I were to buy a new one. It's a problem.

No one here will appreciate this, but this is perhaps the best slide guitar playing I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuadh1o0yC8

The whole thing is excellent, but he picks up the slide at 2:10, and after that it is pure auditory slaughter. And this dude plays with his fingers. He doesn't use a pick. I also love that he has a bored look on his face the whole time like nothing's going on at all. Derek Trucks is the *****ing man.

A lot of the Black Keys. Here's one of my favorite tracks by them. I love their old muddy blues.

A lot of Modest Mouse

A lot of the Broken Inn, a local band from Winter Park who just recently decided to call it quits. Check them out here: http://thebrokeninn1.bandcamp.com/track/i-dont-know-why

The older stuff by Kings of Leon

The Bouncing Souls

The Strokes(haven't heard Angles yet)

A lot of Against Me!

Some of the Misfits

RHCP

A little bit of the Beastie Boys but not much

Devendra Banhart

John Mayer(mainly Battle Studies and Continuum, I find them less corny)

My Morning Jacket

The Pixies

Some Smashing Pumpkins

The White Stripes

Some Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Led Zeppelin

Some Lynyrd Skynyrd

I also have been playing guitar for almost 5 years now. I own one Washburn acoustic and one Jackson electric. I have 3 amps: Line 6 Spider II, Marshall AVT 20, and a Yamaha G50 210(from the 80's) that I found on someone's curb while biking home. They had it sitting to be picked up as trash the next day so I decided to pick it up while biking home. Tried it out after work the next day and it does work fairly well. Needs some work. I play a lot of clean stuff with occasional fuzzy gain for some crunch. Mostly clean two-note creations a la John Frusciante. I've also been practicing a little bit of percussive tapping. I've already been messing around with percusive guitar for a while. Anyways, that's about everything regarding music with me. Here's a video of me playing something if you're curious. Sloppy and loud. Percussive taps were way too loud and I didn't get it down right before I recorded.

• Upvote 1

No one here will appreciate this, but THIS IS the best slide guitar playing I've ever seen

Fixed it for yah. I appreciate this! I have a brass slide and a tempered glass slide. Playing slide isn't easy and I only try to do it in standard tuning. Derek killed it. That way absolutely beautiful. I've heard his name before but never knew anything about him. This sold me. A very evocative piece.

Fixed it for yah. I appreciate this! I have a brass slide and a tempered glass slide. Playing slide isn't easy and I only try to do it in standard tuning. Derek killed it. That way absolutely beautiful. I've heard his name before but never knew anything about him. This sold me. A very evocative piece.

If you're only playing slide in standard tuning, you're making things way harder on yourself. It takes a little while to learn the new patterns in open tuning but once you do, everything lines up so much better and it makes playing so much easier.

On the other hand, I'm always a big fan of doing things differently and getting different sounds. There's no "right" way to play a guitar.