Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Game Thread: Orlando vs. Atlanta 7:00pm 1/9/10

yeah enjoy the wins

FENDI I know youre just trying to do your mod job but wut is up with locking all the encouraging, celebrating threads?

and telling us to post them here..

ehh

there were some good discussions going...that didnt even involve arguments if thats possible

locked a congrats teams thread.

but not the multiple VC sucks threads..

My overal thoughts....

Dwight Howard was great, his statline doesn't suggest so. But he set the tone early with some big defensive plays and some buckets.

Rashard still has me concerned, he screwed up and left Josh Smith open under the basket a few times. A better all around performance, but I'm still thinking Ryan Anderson may be the better player now and going forward.

I was suprised to see Barnes had 18 points. He didn't seem like he was scoring a lot, but a very nice game. He's excelled in the starting role.

JJ Redick continues to impress me. He's a smart player who just flat out puts in the effort. I remember a play where Gortat and Anderson watched a loose ball go out of bounds but JJ ran after it and made a great hustle play.

Gortat played his best game of the year, IMO. He got double digit rebounds and was outstanding on defense. This year he's been a big disapointment, especially on D. But good job Warlock.

I'm a little disapointed Bass racked up a DNP-CD in a blowout. I'm guessing Stan really didn't care for his performance against the Wizards. I would've liked to seen Foyle get into a game too.

Great win, everyone needed it badly. But we gotta keep it up, probably our toughest road trip of the season ahead and we didn't need to go into it on a 5 game losing streak.

Impressive! But I'm spoiled. When the Hawks started to crack into the 30+ lead I started going Stan crazy at the TV. LOL

Thanks Magic for a great game! Keep up the good work!

quote:
Originally posted by love#12:

I wish peeps around this board would stop blameing one guy for a win or a loss. Orlando has played bad as a team and because vc did not play is not why the magic won tonight. They won because the whole team played well. Carter is in a slump right now, but has played well for the magic. We will need him he is our go to guy, and I really think when carter come back from this injury he will be playing well. Great win tonight still atop the division and the magic needed this win before going out west.

GO MAGIC!!!!!

I wholeheartedly agree and have been saying this all along. It really seems odd that people with so much passion for basketball could even develop the logic to blame one guy for a win or even praise one guy for a win. But you know someone always has to be crucified. It's actually funny to watch them write off then revive a player game by game. It's all Orlando Magic Basketball. Some of this is sorta deserved though. Not for VC per se but for the posters trying their best to defend him. If this had been any other player, the negative criticisms would have been non-stop. They simply can't take what they dish out. We all know it's not Vince's fault, but I just grab my popcorn because had it been any other player they would've been laying it on.

smile_popcorn.gif