Sign in to follow this  
athena

papaloukas???

I will tell you this, "I am SOLD". By the time a two or three year deal is up, Papa should have Deiner ready to take over. That is, if Deiner is allowed to come off the bench behind him. We could get rid of Jameer and Carlos, both or either. We have backup up in Deon and Kebo, and maybe even Hill, if he stays for the low, low price.

Imagine a 6'7" PG who can pass to other people, can run pick and roll, play defense, run the fast break and the half court. A dream come true, and he is not just out of college.

Who do I have to sign up with to get this deal rolling?

The Greek gods are among us saying "**** dude, I wish they would get this guy."

Although Papaloukas turns 30 Tuesday, his representatives have let it be known that "three or four" NBA teams have expressed a strong interest in the CSKA guard. The Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota Timberwolves and Dallas Mavericks are said to be on the interested list.

But a feeling prevails on this side of the Atlantic that Papaloukas' agent might be attempting to drive up his value in Europe with such a tactic and that the limited playing time being experienced by a comparable fellow Euro who made the move at a similar age -- Golden State Warriors point Sarunas Jasikevicius -- actually will convince Papaloukas not to head across the Atlantic.

He is 30 years old and doesn't want to play 82 games a season," says one scout familiar with the situation. "If he wants to play for five or six years more, that means another 480 games in the NBA or 250 games in Europe. And, actually, you are talking about an even bigger discrepancy because of the longer [NBA] games. "He is probably earning a million euros in CSKA, tax-free with housing, cars, other things added on. He is going to command Jasikevicius-type money ($4 million in 2007) but then, when he looks at Jasikevicius sitting on the end of the bench, he may well think twice about trying the NBA."

- ESPN

He's not coming to the NBA nor would I want him with the Magic.

Papaloukas is an amazing player, not very athletic but very experienced and intelligent. On the other hand, signing him would mean getting rid of Jameer or Carlos, as well as Hedo or Hill. And to be honest I have no problem with this