Soul Bro

Trade Poll

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:
3) Shard's defense has been atrocious.

I have to disagree with you. I think his rebounding efforts have been atrocious. I think his consistency in effort and focus have been atrocious. I think however, when he has been on top of his game - like in the second half of the Bucks game - I think he has been scrappier than I've ever seen him (unfortunately that has been less than half of the time this season, which should be strongly noted).

Lack of consistent focus and effort have been a team wide issue however.

Did you just disagree with me and then site one half of one game to support your opinion?

I will admit I don't keep a running list of moments Rashard has played scrappy defense this season. I was at the Bucks game so that was the most recent memory of him impressing me on defense. I also cited his lack of consistency.

It was really the generalization that I disagree with you on. Saying Rashard has been atrocious on defense could say many things - mainly that his ability to defend has gotten worse - which I disagree with. Unfortunately I don't get FSN up here so haven't been able to watch the recent meltdowns. I would assume Rashard had moments on defense where he looked like a statue of Gumby and hopped to grab rebounds instead of jumping.

However, I feel strongly that changing your effort night in and night out is easier than changing your abilities - which I don't feel Rashard's got worse defensively, contrary actually. So I am still optimistic that Rashard can get out of his soft funk that is a byproduct of him lacking consistent focus and energy.

We need a PG. Especially a PG that can play D.

Jameer is a backup point guard. I was hoping last year he could prove me wrong, which he almost did, but he's not playing the way he did.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

It was really the generalization that I disagree with you on.

In general, Rashard has been atrocious. I've provided stats in the thread I started.