Sign in to follow this  
Chase

1st 4 game loseing streak of Stans Career as Magic Head Coach

quote:
Originally posted by Magics Fan from Syria:

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

If im not mistaken this is supposed to be the best team we have ever had... I lol at the whole Magic Organization.

Should have kept Turk and Lee

Forget Turk, nobody wanted him to go, he choosed money over a chance at a ring

Exactly... The Turk talk needs to end. He wanted the $$$ and a long term contract. It would have been a huge mistake for the Magic to resign him to something like what the Raps did.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

how on earth can you blame otis?

Instead of tweaking a finals roster....he BLEW it up...trading three starters is an OVERHAUL not just adding a player here or there to make it better. He basically changed the whole dang recipe. He had no idea how it would work out.

Well, there is zero chemistry on the team offensively and defensively. VC is a porcelain doll and an utter joke at 33....he's a shell of himself. It isn't about who is better than who...its who is a better FIT.

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

quote:

quote:

If im not mistaken this is supposed to be the best team we have ever had... I lol at the whole Magic Organization.

Exactly... The Turk talk needs to end. He wanted the $$$ and a long term contract. It would have been a huge mistake for the Magic to resign him to something like what the Raps did.

You do know its only ten million a year. Which would put him well behind Lewis and Dwight and even Carter. Since you're so concerned about money are you going crazy then about Lewis??? He makes what 17 million a year???? Are you attacking him???? According to your logic you should be.

We could lose 7 games in a row and still wont be sad we didn't resign Turk. I though he had poor shot selection and inconsistent focus. He also crumbled under good defense and missed more game winning shots than he made. His contract would have crippled this team for 5 years instead of vince's 2.

Vince has been a disappointment so far with injuries yes, the season isn't halfway. Im not writing him off yet like the rest of you.

I do miss having Lee though. Our defense does too. He was the tipping point for our defense vaulting into the top 3 last year. Otis needs to be on phone looking for a player to come in and set the tone on defense again like CLee did for us last year.

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

quote:

quote:

You do know its only ten million a year. Which would put him well behind Lewis and Dwight and even Carter. Since you're so concerned about money are you going crazy then about Lewis??? He makes what 17 million a year???? Are you attacking him???? According to your logic you should be.

your logic is actually skewed. If you don't like Rashards contract, why would you not be happy that Otis didn't overpay another player with a long term contract, that in conjunction with Lewis' would have rendered us static with personnel choices in the next 2-4 years.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

We could lose 7 games in a row and still wont be sad we didn't resign Turk. I though he had poor shot selection and inconsistent focus. He also crumbled under good defense and missed more game winning shots than he made. His contract would have crippled this team for 5 years instead of vince's 2.

Vince has been a disappointment so far with injuries yes, the season isn't halfway. Im not writing him off yet like the rest of you.

I do miss having Lee though. Our defense does too. He was the tipping point for our defense vaulting into the top 3 last year. Otis needs to be on phone looking for a player to come in and set the tone on defense again like CLee did for us last year.

How does a ten million a year contract CRIPPLE us???? Some of you really don't have a clue about salaries and the cap. You do know that the current owner is paying lux tax because we went OVER. Cripple??? Please explain how only ten mill a year cripples ANY TEAM.

quote:

Lee was just OK, he benefitted from being forgotten about by the other team. Look at how he is doing this season.

edit: although it is nice to see him finally break out and have a good game like he did against NO.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

Lee was just OK, he benefitted from being forgotten about by the other team. Look at how he is doing this season.

edit: although it is nice to see him finally break out and have a good game like he did against NO.

I agree. He was much better as a young role player last year, surrounded by better players. That's what why I don't agree with people who say he will be an all-star.

Its hard to compare him from last year to this year. No player on the Nets is having a good year individually.

quote:

quote:

How does a ten million a year contract CRIPPLE us???? Some of you really don't have a clue about salaries and the cap. You do know that the current owner is paying lux tax because we went OVER. Cripple??? Please explain how only ten mill a year cripples ANY TEAM.

Did you see the above???

quote:

quote:

quote:

Did you see the above???

It cripples you when you already have 2 other max contract players and 4 MLE players on the roster and a team that just went over the luxary tax for the first time. I never said 1 - 10 million contract cripples a team by itself.

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones

It cripples you when you already have 2 other max contract players and 4 MLE players on the roster and a team that just went over the luxary tax for the first time. I never said 1 - 10 million contract cripples a team by itself.

Then its the other players that are crippling your team not the cheaper ones? How does that work? You pick the guy you like the least and blame it on him??? Huh? That logic makes no sense at all. Again, you just pick Hedo and his ten mill and say it cripples. If anything Lewis cripples us more. We had a small window to challenge for a title. We didn't even try to tweak the roster and go for another run. Otis traded three starters away. That's huge and was a mistake. You pay Hedo that little money...it was a bargain for what you were getting back. My proof is our current mess.