Sign in to follow this  
Pablo

Would you trade V. Carter?

Quick question. Is it after this season that we can pretty much not pick up the option of Vince's contract? meaning that we could tell him to **** off or sign for the min and have some money left to sign another player?

People Vince is going through a slump and don't forget he's playing through injury. I think people mistook Dwight's dominance for his lack of post skill. I mean he led the league in dunks with like 5 plus a game. His post game will never be skilled like Ewing, Olajuwon, Robinson, or Duncan. He's being exposed right now and only he can stop that from happening.

quote:
Originally posted by Optimus Prime:

People Vince is going through a slump and don't forget he's playing through injury. I think people mistook Dwight's dominance for his lack of post skill. I mean he led the league in dunks with like 5 plus a game. His post game will never be skilled like Ewing, Olajuwon, Robinson, or Duncan. He's being exposed right now and only he can stop that from happening.

I think what Vince is going through stopped being a slump and became reality a month ago. Dude is still a talented player, but just isn't Vinsanity anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Naw we shud wait till vc is gone...and lewis.... we will have enough space for 2 stars..icon_biggrin.gif hopefully it cud be melo..

this will not happen. we are stuck with shard for a while and unless it's his expiring year, i doubt any team will touch his contract.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

I think what Vince is going through stopped being a slump and became reality a month ago. Dude is still a talented player, but just isn't Vinsanity anymore.

Nah it didn't but if you feel that way then more power too you! That's what's wrong with you people you keep looking for Vinsanity he's 33 now. He's not going to be doing 360's and windmills anymore, even Jordan had to dumb it down and find a way to get it done at a older age and don't mistake this as me comparing him to Jordan because i'm not! SO PEOPLE STOP LOOKING FOR VINSANITY! I think he's still adjusting to playing at home for the home team and not against them.

quote:

Wow he has a bad ankle, sit on the bench then. The guy has played like **** all year. Those FG% didn't just happen in the last 3 games. At some point it's more than a slump and almost at the all-star break is probably that point.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

Naw we shud wait till vc is gone...and lewis.... we will have enough space for 2 stars..icon_biggrin.gif hopefully it cud be melo..

this will not happen. we are stuck with shard for a while and unless it's his expiring year, i doubt any team will touch his contract.

wat bout if vc is gone

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:

Nah it didn't but if you feel that way then more power too you! That's what's wrong with you people you keep looking for Vinsanity he's 33 now. He's not going to be doing 360's and windmills anymore, even Jordan had to dumb it down and find a way to get it done at a older age. SO PEOPLE STOP LOOKING FOR VINSANITY! I think he's still adjusting to playing at home for the home team and not against them.

That's why this trade was bad from the start the guy hasn't gone to the basket in years and has never defended or play team ball. If we just needed another jumpshooter I could find one who makes a lot less than 16 mil a year and has some upside and plays defense, oh wait we had one.

The guy doesn't have much left in the tank and who in their right mind thinks he will be able to have anything left for a deep playoff run? Still adjusting to playing at home? *** that's an excuse and a bad one at that.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

Wow he has a bad ankle, sit on the bench then. The guy has played like **** all year. Those FG% didn't just happen in the last 3 games. At some point it's more than a slump and almost at the all-star break is probably that point.

You people kill me because when things first started even in the preseason y'all was sucking him off something crazy with all the Hedo bashing threads and stuff now it's he's playing like ****! He didn't play like **** when we played BOS 2 times & CLE and was the only one who stepped up and kept us in those games. Y'all should start a trade Dwight thread if that's the case because he's being exposed every night now.

quote:

i'm not buying the whole he's playing through an injury story. and i'm not buying the slump story either. this "slump" has been going on for majority of the season. he's settling for bad shots, he's having to force bad shots because he gets the ball with little time left on the shot clock, he needs to stop driving and screaming loudly (that doesn't win you calls with nba refs, at least not for us)

basically this team needs to get their heads out of their asses and start playing with some passion and motivation. until then, this "slump" will continue all season

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

You people kill me because when things first started even in the preseason y'all was sucking him off something crazy with all the Hedo bashing threads and stuff now it's he's playing like ****! He didn't play like **** when we played BOS 2 times & CLE and was the only one who stepped up and kept us in those games. Y'all should start a trade Dwight thread if that's the case because he's being exposed every night now.

There were MANY against trading for a known tanker and a guy who has never reached a conference finals. SO he played well in three games out of how many? VC is done. He had a "nice" career but should never be mistaken for a "winner". We got his broken self and his contract for two years. Awesome.