Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez64

What are the excuses now?

No offense , but Redick doesn't have the handles and dribble of a PG type. He is too mechanical and not smooth in his dribble. You can easily tell what he is going to do with the ball. He is more of a shooter type with minimal dribble.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

if Redick could play PG I'd despise SVG for not starting him at PG by now

I dont think JJ needs to play PG, they just need to give him the ball once it gets up the court. His on court IQ is far beyond anyone on the team, and we've seen him control the tempo both fast and slow.

I find it funny that this season he draws fouls by jumping into the defense all the time. He was lit up by lebron last year in the ECF when lebron was doing the same thing, I think he picked up the trick from him.

Maybe Redick needs to take some lessons from two other big pg's that are not very ahtletic in Nash and Kidd. With some intensive ball handling clinics he may be able to pull it off... easier than growing 3 inches and gaining 20 more inches on his vertical.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by apexturbo:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

How do you know Carter isn't involved in trade discussions already.

I have a feeling he gets dealt at the deadline. He needs to be dealt, I would take T-mac and his expiring and then make a run at Wade next year.

VaBch I would think you would be thrilled, now your beloved Celtic team can win. Just hope that they do not meet the Hawks in the playoffs.

Is that the only thing you can say? You think I'm a Celtic fan because I think they are better? Well they obviously are and yes Rondo is a much better player than Meer. Just another thing I was right about where I got flamed for saying it and its absolutely true.

Well right now I would say we are even with the Celtics since they are hurt. However really until this month I was not sure that Rondo was better it is obvious now. Rondo is about three steps ahead of Nelson. I really do think that alot of our problems are at the point. We have no defense there at all. Big problem there. Jameer is not hustling up the court he is now walking. His poor passing ability is now being shown because he can't make his jumpers.

Are you kidding me?

Kidding about what?

About us being even with Celtics. I do agree however, the Nelson is not good at this time.

Hey i said right now they are short Pierce and Garnett. But hey we did lose to a shorthanded Indiana. So hey I conccur my statement was wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

quote:
Originally posted by gex598:

quote:

We do not have a leader that wants to win no matter what. Kobe, Paul, Lebron, Duncan and Garnet are guys that lead by example and demands the best from their team. Right now we dont have that. Honestly I don't think Dwight will ever be that leader.

Leadership is what is seriously lacking on this team.

The scary thing is if I had to pick someone to lead the Magic right now it would be JJ or AJ. JJ has been moving the ball good and has at least stopped throwing shot as soon as he gets the ball unlike Peaches. AJ has shown in the few 4th qtr runs that he can run the offense on the team, even though most of the time he sucks himself.

On another note whats with JWill and the tech fouls fighting with the refs. Tonight the team had to basically pull him off the court, then I watch ewing and foyle get in front of him in a time out as he was working his way back to argue some more.

Redick is definitely a leader type but the sad thing is his skills don't demand the respect from the others. If JJ was 6'7" and had a 40" vertical along with what he can do now he would have been Boss Hog of this group.

Then he would be MJ not JJ...LMAO

Redick exhibits the best IQ and drive when on the floor than anyone else on the team. If SVG wants to make drastic changes, then Redick as backup PG/SG combo would be the best bet.

The offense runs very smoothly through him. He doesn't need a lot of shots to be effective. I love all the senior members who laughed at me for endorsing Redick as much as I do.

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!!??... not me.

quote:

Tomorrow they will probably win the game by double digits and think everything is ok again like it ever was. This team needs that guy that will get into his teammates and not grin at everything.

These guys are vets, the oldest team in the league and are almost halfway through the season. At some point they have to realize something isn't right. It is not chemistry it is Leadership.

I do not think we will beat the Raptors they are on a winning streak. That is the problem Magic are too old. Lack of leadership is a major problem. Dwight is just too immature to be a leader.

quote:
Originally posted by Kush:

quote:

quote:

Tomorrow they will probably win the game by double digits and think everything is ok again like it ever was. This team needs that guy that will get into his teammates and not grin at everything.

These guys are vets, the oldest team in the league and are almost halfway through the season. At some point they have to realize something isn't right. It is not chemistry it is Leadership.

I do not think we will beat the Raptors they are on a winning streak. That is the problem Magic are too old. Lack of leadership is a major problem. Dwight is just too immature to be a leader.

Yeah you old *****. Calling me names and **** because I said Carter brings a loser mentality, and now you're bashing the team everywhere today. Respect somebody opinions sometimes cause they might see something you're blind *** can't

How do you define a loser's mentallity?

quote:
Originally posted by Guardian:

Jameer is looking awful. It might be the knee but this is the same Jameer as always minus a half of a good season.(last year)

Maybe last season was just a fluke.