Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Does Stan watch NBATV? (pg.7) Dwight's gettin' the ball tonight!

quote:
Originally posted by VCMagic15:

WAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I love Vince Carter. He is my idol. I even creating my nic to include VC. That's how much I love him. I'm not a Magic fan. I'm a VC fan.

Says it all..... Oh, if you'd like to prove me wrong.....tell the nice people how far VC has gotten in the playoffs? Has he EVER been to a finals? Sorry, I can't hear you....oh, NO? Hmmmm. Weird. Now is he shooting terribel this year??? With the best supporting cast he's ever had??? Is he 33 this January???

Got it.

He may not need more shots, but he sure does need more touches. Our system is supposed to be inside out and there are times where Howard does not touch the ball for 5 minutes or more or at least feels like it.

We all complained that Hedo used to take shots with 20 seconds left, but Vince does it too and he tries to them those **** 3 from almost half court some times. We need to move the ball more and get Howard some touches. I'm sure touching the ball somewhat motivates Howard and feels like he's involved.

How many times have you seen a player block a shot and then get the ball at the other end so he can score and feel rewarded? Many times, but it does not happen with Howard because he does not get the ball often enough! Players are humans as well and need some motivation!

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

Look at me, I am a 25 year old Virgin who only only comes on the Internet to criticize Vince Carter because i have no life and i live in my parents basement icon_frown.gif!!!!... I am Craptor fan in disguise and i still cry to death why VC left us back in 2004!! I am so jealous of him!!! Please i hope to get a life and a new cool username instead of "T REX" that sounds like a 10 year old having a Dinosaur nickname, I also understand my posts are worthless, and want attention on the internet!!

+100000000000000

Bahhaha, Give up. This forum laughs at you badly.

quote:

quote:

Look at me, I am a 25 year old Virgin who only only comes on the Internet to criticize Vince Carter because i have no life and i live in my parents basement icon_frown.gif!!!!... I am Craptor fan in disguise and i still cry to death why VC left us back in 2004!! I am so jealous of him!!! Please i hope to get a life and a new cool username instead of "T REX" that sounds like a 10 year old having a Dinosaur nickname, I also understand my posts are worthless, and want attention on the internet!!

+100000000000000

What's funny is that this problem could be so easily solved

If Dwight Howard had any post help

All Dumby has to do is scrap his 4-outside, Dwight-inside offense. SVG is making Howard look bad. If we gave Howard inside help, the Magic would be outscoring every other team inside almost every night.

SVG is holding this team back with his stupidity

Dude is a one-trick pony and coaches figure out his "game plan" (which never changes) before the game even starts. Crappy substitutions, even ****tier offensive system, little to zero adjustments.

This team is so talented it can shoot itself out of holes caused by players who aren't making anything staying in too long, failing to stop shooting girly jumpers and get the other team in foul trouble, and many other things.

The team is so talented it can shoot itself out of double-digit deficits and keep on racking wins during the regular season, despite a retarded, slow, and predictable set offense that makes it harder for us to get those wins.

The mediocre basketball will show itself in the post-season and finals if they get there again.

That Suns game a few weeks ago told the tale. Gentry called a time-out, Dumby did NOTHING and that 1 point lead was as good as it got for us.

The effect would trickle down and even VC would be shooting a higher percentage. The new game plan needs to start from the inside. Of course, again SVG will start wearing a tie before he changes anything...

I do think Vince needs to shoot less..They may just be looking at the stats but I'm watching all the games and see this. I think fans tend to focus on Vince's few good shooting games and want to trade Jameer after he's had 2-3 off games. (at least on this board) Dwight can't use his size to his advantage every game but we can run drive and dish plays more. You have Dwight there, just throw it up so he can get it. Of course Dwight needs to keep the ball high instead of bringing it down where it gets stolen. I'm tired of seeing Vince drive in and shoot a bad shot w/ guys all around him.

Peaople talk **** but look at vc's shots b4 meer got injured. he was averaging 15points a game then gundy wanted vc to take more shots over meers place.

quote:
Originally posted by magic01:

I do think Vince needs to shoot less..They may just be looking at the stats but I'm watching all the games and see this. I think fans tend to focus on Vince's few good shooting games and want to trade Jameer after he's had 2-3 off games. (at least on this board) Dwight can't use his size to his advantage every game but we can run drive and dish plays more. You have Dwight there, just throw it up so he can get it. Of course Dwight needs to keep the ball high instead of bringing it down where it gets stolen. I'm tired of seeing Vince drive in and shoot a bad shot w/ guys all around him.

Jameer will be SVG's savior. That's why he put him in that finals game last year without being completely healthy, or ready yet.

As long as Meer is shooting 50% in FG and 3-pointers, Dumby's win record will look good.

However with a much tighter finals D, I'm not so sure Jameer will be allowed to get many good looks. If he isn't scoring, this "offensive strategy" we use, ain't gonna beat a healthy Boston or LA team, maybe not even the Cavs this time.

Our whole offense is screwed up, I believe Vince would do better if we ran a more balanced offense that scores as much inside as outside.

quote:

quote:

quote:

+100000000000000

Awwww.....did I hurt your wittle feewings.

Dude, wake up. It's a message board. It's Latin pal, but you wouldn't know that. I'm sure you're so well edumacated. Listen, you know nothing about me. So, spare me the ridiculous profile attempt.

Still trying to avoid the subject of why VC is shooting a career worst? Dodge much?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+100000000000000

Awwww.....did I hurt your wittle feewings.

Dude, wake up. It's a message board. It's Latin pal, but you wouldn't know that. I'm sure you're so well edumacated. Listen, you know nothing about me. So, spare me the ridiculous profile attempt.

Still trying to avoid the subject of why VC is shooting a career worst? Dodge much?

are u loving it being on VC's nuts?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Saw their show today hosted by Rick Kamla and Dennis Scott...they proclaimed it to be their new years' resolution for the Magic.

They provided these stats:

1.) When Dwight attempts 1-12 fg's a game the Magic are 15-8....Dwight averages 16.0 pts. a game and shoots 65.3% from the field.

2.) Dwight has 6 games with 5 or less fg att. and the Magic are 2-4 in those games.

3.) BUT!!! When Dwight has 13+ fg att. a game the Magic are SEVEN AND "0"...Dwight averages 22 pts. a game and shoots 56.3% from the field.

Kamla made the point that even if Dwight doesn't shoot the ball the Magic need to run their offense through him more often, more touches....Dwight needs to get more comfortable on the low block and better at passing out of double teams.

Dwight is only averaging 9 shot attempts a game this year as compared to 12.4 last season...3.4 attempts less this year than last...Kamla brought up the question, "where are Dwight's shot attempts and touches going"?

1.) Hedo had 13.3 shot attempts a game last year.

2.) This year Vince Carter is shooting the ball 16.2 times a game which is like a +3 over Hedo last year.

3.) Dwight is like a negative 3 1/2 from last year's shot attempts.

Kamla said not a perfect correlation but a pretty good indicator of where Dwight's shot attempts are going.

Dennis Scott chimed in, "all of the great centers of the past(he named a bunch) never had 9 shot attempts a game.

He then said with great expression...

"GET DWIGHT HOWARD THE BALL"!!!

Kamlas then said with great expression...

"HOW COULD DWIGHT HOWARD NOT BE A 20-10 GUY"

Scott said, "that's crazy man".

Kamla says bottom line is this...

1.) Dwight shoot more

2.) Vince shoot less

And the Orlando Magic will win a lot more than their current pace.

again, not gonna happen

coach wants 70% outside, 30% inside, and Dwight to kick it out as soon as he's doubled.

Also, this is what happens when you have too many shooters in the game at the same time (everyone except Dwight is a shooter) Dwight is forced to pass it, the other guys are there to shoot the ball.

I just wish he had a PF to hand it to for dunks and layups, instead of Dwight having to kick it out to 4 guys around the 3pt line

I have no problem with Vince wanting to take a bigger role or shoot more w/ jameer out. The problem is just that they aren't going in. I think part of this is on coach. SVG thinking is that as long as you are open and you are behind the 3 point line, take the shot. Vince is shooting the 3 terrible this year and has a better mid range game. Our game is just swing the ball around and look for 3s..