Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Wishful Thinking Thread

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

why would we trade for amare? he may not resign with a team he's traded to, he would clog up the paint, and his defense is LOL

Actually, Amar'e has been showcasing his range this year so far. But the other 2 you stated are spot on

we should make a run at amare. he can create his own shot and one of the best pick n' roll players today. his midrange is also excellent. with howard on the other block, he would be an excellent fit esp with jwill running the offense. kinda like jwill having webber again, only better.

Would you trade for Rip Hamilton? I would. He is a known magic killer and what a way to avoid that by getting him here. 1. He will improve our FT shooting at the end of games. 2. a veteran leader. 3. he has been a part of great defensive teams. The only question I have is who would we trade to get him? he is similar to JJ but I don't see us getting rid of JJ unless it was to land a big name player. I also don't see us trading vince for him. Id say trade Jameer if we could get a starting PG in a seperate trade.

quote:
Originally posted by kcgolfer:

Would you trade for Rip Hamilton? I would. He is a known magic killer and what a way to avoid that by getting him here. 1. He will improve our FT shooting at the end of games. 2. a veteran leader. 3. he has been a part of great defensive teams. The only question I have is who would we trade to get him? he is similar to JJ but I don't see us getting rid of JJ unless it was to land a big name player. I also don't see us trading vince for him. Id say trade Jameer if we could get a starting PG in a seperate trade.

I personally love the way Rip plays as well. He's not young, but still effective. The only thing that might shy someone away from him is that he has a pretty lenghty contract for a guy his age ( 4 years, 31 years old). But in the games he's played in so far, he's been pretty good. And like you said, we probably don't have the pieces to get him. Detroit won't want Bass because they have Maxiell, they might want Gortat,, but then we lose a solid backup, and JJ wouldn't be a huge assett to them. It's tough coming up with the perfect scenario, but Otis does a pretty good job