Soul Bro

Wishful Thinking Thread

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

Unless Chris Paul demands a trade he isn't leaving NO... well thought out trade though.

To those talking about Hinrich... He is a great defender and would be very good to have against guys like Rondo and Mo Williams/DWest...BUT

I think if you are going to go with a PG change we go after CJ Watson whom wanted to come here this off-season and is on a team with a slew of PG's. He has a very manageable contract and probably could be had for Bass. He is an oversized PG who plays good, quick defense.

I just put together this trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=yhmdolc

Not terrible, I'd probably do it, but if we were getting Battier, I personally rather keep JJ and send Pietrus. I like Turiaf and CJ, though. Or maybe instead of JJ, send AJ. He has a similar contract and we're getting a PG anyways, so it would prevent us from having 4 PGs

I like Pietrus more than JJ. JJ has been playing really hard for us overall but has been far from making any impact in our biggest games - Clev and Boston. Pietrus is out best finisher in transition and is more talented on defense.

Think of the defense lineup we could play with this trade...

Watson

Pietrus

Battier

Lewis

Howard

Thats how you win rings. Not by bringing in Butler or Boozer IMO, though im not totally against the idea - a lot of things can sound good right now.

Though Pietrus is a good defender, his offense and basketball IQ suck. I'm amazed every time he passes the ball

If there were a way to use your trade, but not get Battie, I'd be fine with that. Battie would be even more overpaid than Gortat as we wouldn't get much performance out of him, and he's really getting up there in age.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan125:

If there were a way to use your trade, but not get Battie, I'd be fine with that. Battie would be even more overpaid than Gortat as we wouldn't get much performance out of him, and he's really getting up there in age.

You can still do the trade, I just used the Trade Exception on Battie. He's an expiring contract and he'd take Foyle's role, so I figured why not. No matter what anyone says, the guy was a leader last year and we could definitely use him for that same role alone this year.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Orlando Trades:

Rashard Lewis, Jameer Nelson, Marcin Gortat

Houston Trades:

Tracy Mcgrady, Shane Battier, Kyle Lowry

Our new lineup:

PG - Williams, Lowry (future starter)

SG - Carter, McGrady, Redick

SF - Battier, Barnes, Pietrus

PF - Anderson, Bass

C - Howard, (TPE)

We solve a ton of problems with one fell swoop. Williams runs PG very well this year, but we get our future PG too. We fortify our defense with Battier. Plus, with Carter; McGrady; Battier and Barnes, we always have a scorer/stopper combination to put on the floor that can guard either SG's (i.e. Kobe's), or SF's (i.e. Lebron's, Pierce's). Not to mention, we get rid of Lewis' contract.

Sign me up!