Sign in to follow this  
Meer2D12

why our defense is lacking

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Yeah, if only we had signed Iverson. Then all of our defensive problems would be fixed.

ROFL, seriously? Our defensive problem is effort. We have seen that when they put in the effort our D is asgood as it gets.

When? We struggled against the Clippers, Nets, and Golden State. We will totally be creamed by the Lakers unless very greatly improve defensively. A team must show for for all 4 quarters.

you just pointed out 3 games out of 22....what about the Boston game? did we not play great defense in their house?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

AI is the last thing this team needs..We need someone that doesn't shoot, but defends..

I agree- but you would have to admit that AI is better than J Williams and AJ by a long shot. Heck, we would be better with Felton or Westbrook.

IMO J Will is better than Iverson at this point and time, and DUHHHH we would be better with Felton and Westbrook they both are better then all the other guys mentioned.

rondo isn't a scoring type point guard. He can't shoot at all so it's not too hard to guard him. Keep him off the offensive glass, and let him score his 12ppg off fast breaks and cuts to the basket, but that is why I believe we will win the east. Neither Cleveland nor Boston has a pg that will post anyone up.

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ninjapj:

AI is the last thing this team needs..We need someone that doesn't shoot, but defends..

I agree- but you would have to admit that AI is better than J Williams and AJ by a long shot. Heck, we would be better with Felton or Westbrook.

IMO J Will is better than Iverson at this point and time, and DUHHHH we would be better with Felton and Westbrook they both are better then all the other guys mentioned.

I really like Williams and think is doing an outstanding job- very little turnovers, but he is older.

quote:

b_aaliyah_age_aint_nothing_but_a_number_cd_cover.jpg

You must be in your 20's. I agree if not talking about sports. Say the same thing when you are in your 40s

quote:

Iverson and J Will are both 34

did you see iverson fall all over himself trying to guard stucky and billups this week? that hasnt happened to jwill (knock wood)

If you think AI is good at man to man D you haven't looked closely enough.

And in response to this thread.... if you play DWilliams every night, then yes, you need outstanding D at PG.

Also, are we missing a combo guard like CLee or Keyon Dooling(who can play D on PGs)? I think very much yes.

Overall response, our team D effort is lacking the most. That is our overall problem.

quote:
Originally posted by i HATE Rich DeVos:

quote:

Iverson and J Will are both 34

did you see iverson fall all over himself trying to guard stucky and billups this week? that hasnt happened to jwill (knock wood)

Ya man that one against Stuckey tonight looked pretty bad hahaha.