Sign in to follow this  
NickAnderson

Game Thread: Teh Magicz Vs Teh Turkagluz, 12:30 PM, 11/22/2009

In the Boston games, Vince took some quality shots and they didn't fall down. I haven't watched the Toronto game, so I'll hold my opinion of this game.

The only stat that bothers me about this game is the fact that no one got a block.

But having 7 TO's total and J-Will having none in 40 minutes.

FOR VC TO HAVE MORE ASSIST PEOPLE GOTTA MAKE SHOTS, IF YOU WATCHED THE GAME TODAY YOU KNOW HE WAS PASSING A LOT BUT GUYS WERE NOT MAKING THE SHOTS....OF THE TOP OF MY HEAD I REMEMBER HIM PASSING TO LEWIS WIDE OPEN, AND PASSING TO HOWARD AND THEY COULDNT FINISH.

11-3 with all the new players and injuries is quite good imo. I think Orlando will only get better. Dwight still doesn't look that good. The calls against him for just standing straight up seem to have him dazed. I hear all this talk about if you have position inside the 4' circle you won't get the call...BUT I thought the rule was "if you have postion BEFORE the offensive player leaves his feet" you should get the call. Correct me if this is wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Wouldn't doubt this is a lot of people's first time following every game in a regular season, especially in the beginning of the season with a new team.

Season's going to be long and you guys really aren't making it easy. 68 games to go, FYI.

I would rather complain about Dwight's continuous whining that VC's shot selection. I didn't watch this game, but did watch Boston's game. The team was not giving VC much room to work with, and the Celtics' D basically shut down the offense, with the exception of Vince, who was still able to create a few shots for himself (granted that 3 pointer he took from Amway Arena wasn't exactly the greatest shot selection, had it gone in no one wouldn't said anything).

VC isn't this team's "savior". He's not our Kobe, LBJ, or D. Wade, but nonetheless he is doing what he's supposed to. And for those who complain so much about, go back to fondling Hedo, who statistically has been below VC on almost every category (although watching the two should be enough).

There'll be games VC chucks up a lot of shots, some games he'll score 25 points, others he'll score 40. Some games he won't shoot as much, but because the rest of the team is showing up, making shots, and creating for themselves as they should.

I'm watching the magic/raptors game on league pass right now, a few of the shots vince missed in the first quarter he was driving to the basket. the only players with a decent FG% today were redick and jason williams. so all the vince carter haters in the forum need to bash the whole team and not just vince.

Some of you guys are making statements as if nothings going to change throughout the season. We've only played 12 games..ALOT is going to change throughout the season. Its up to the coach and staff to decide how to steer the ship. Some of you all bagging on VC is unbelievable. Hes proved hes clutch and thats why the Magic got him. As far as role establishment, we have a long way to go. Where does Bass fit in? Is RA the starter? How many minutes should Barnes get? JJ? Should Jameer get the most minutes as pg when he returns?

Lots of questions that remain unanswered and will be answered as the seaon progresses.

Its way to early to be calling someone out because of there play...particuliarly Vince.. Hes been impressive. If you haven't noticed that than I don't know what to tell you.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

VC once again had the worst +- out of all the starters, I'm just saying. At least he didn't turn the ball over a lot but once again 2 assists. You can't deny the fact that everyone else on this team from last year looks worse offensively than they did last year. Is it a coincidence? I don't think so, he doesn't understand when to take over games and that it's more important to get others involved early.

Otherwise guys have poor offensive nights and it makes his job harder. Great game by JJ and great season so far, he should be getting more minutes and VC needs more time on the bench.

you're annoying. Just saying

It's the truth, we have played an incredibly weak schedule and VC looked bad again offensively playing against the worst defensive team in Basketball and maybe one of the worst of all time. People on this board look at the points only but its taking him a million shots to do it. He has not been efficient at all and has been disappointment so far. This team should be 11-3, we are that much better than every team we have played. The only 2 games we should have even had trouble with were Cleveland and Boston.

The truth is the way VC is playing is not good, he is not getting others involved or getting them open shots, he is freezing people out of the offense. The numbers don't lie, people just don't want to use them.