ManuGinobili

The Official World Cup 2010 thread

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I want to see Brazil and Germany play each other, both look unstoppable.

I want to see Argentina and Brazil even more.

I am happy to see the Dutch play Brazil. no one seems to be paying attention to them, but that is going to be a great game.

I would love to see the Dutch win.

The Dutch are like my favorite European team. I really like their style of play and I really like Robben. Too bad they have to play Brazil and lose.

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

quote:
Uruguay has a very limited game, but usually plays better as the opposition gets stronger.

That's why I think Uruguay would do a better match against Brazil or Netherlands

Without a doubt Uruguay would fare better against Brazil or Holland than Ghana. Plus, they have this mean attitude going on, commanded by Lugano, that probably would lead to Robinho or Van Persie being more afraid to go through that D. They wont want to risk a potential injury, so they will just shoot from outside, or beat them in speed.

Anyone that actually watches that team knows that, as I stated previously, they can lose to anyone but also beat anyone. That is what makes them so dangerous.

Forlan is a top 5 player in the world. Suarez, Lugano, Godin (unfortunate injury) and their defensive game is pretty solid too.

If only they could have just 1 difference maker in the midfield. That is by far their biggest weakness. Not any of the 4 guys would be a starter/bench in the other semifinals team.

I see Uruguay beating Ghana. South American Futbol is again showing how much power it has.

Caco, one question though: What happened with Martin Caceres?

Caceres has had a persistant injury in the abs area that kept him away from the field for most of the end of the season with Juventus.

Now he is ok, but with little playing time in a long time, Tabarez will not risk to use him.

Uruguay only has good (not great) defensive midfielders, and not a single one with a great offensive game. We defend with seven men, and attack with three or four (when Fucile or Pereira get lose). The thing is, two of those are Forl

VCplusD12, Doesn't it piss you off to see Pepe cracking up as soon as they game ended while Eduardo was crying?

I have always dislike Pepe for being a dirty player with such plays like this

classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

wmode="transparent"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjwK2RhcyoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"

/>

quote:
Originally posted by Caco:

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

quote:
Uruguay has a very limited game, but usually plays better as the opposition gets stronger.

That's why I think Uruguay would do a better match against Brazil or Netherlands

Without a doubt Uruguay would fare better against Brazil or Holland than Ghana. Plus, they have this mean attitude going on, commanded by Lugano, that probably would lead to Robinho or Van Persie being more afraid to go through that D. They wont want to risk a potential injury, so they will just shoot from outside, or beat them in speed.

Anyone that actually watches that team knows that, as I stated previously, they can lose to anyone but also beat anyone. That is what makes them so dangerous.

Forlan is a top 5 player in the world. Suarez, Lugano, Godin (unfortunate injury) and their defensive game is pretty solid too.

If only they could have just 1 difference maker in the midfield. That is by far their biggest weakness. Not any of the 4 guys would be a starter/bench in the other semifinals team.

I see Uruguay beating Ghana. South American Futbol is again showing how much power it has.

Caco, one question though: What happened with Martin Caceres?

Caceres has had a persistant injury in the abs area that kept him away from the field for most of the end of the season with Juventus.

Now he is ok, but with little playing time in a long time, Tabarez will not risk to use him.

Uruguay only has good (not great) defensive midfielders, and not a single one with a great offensive game. We defend with seven men, and attack with three or four (when Fucile or Pereira get lose). The thing is, two of those are Forl

About the love Brazil gets.

They have had the best teams in history.

They are the ones with 5 WC.

Other than that, I too believe people likes them too much, as I said before, in South America (especially Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay), we are not that afraid of them, and instead of worshipping them, we want to beat them badly.

About Argentina.

I really like the players that are in the team right now except for Heinze and Demichelis.

Messi is so good, and very humble given how well he plays. So is Tevez, Ver

@ COLOMBIANO

It could be a matter of maturity, a la D12, but I think it is because Pepe is brazillian, like Deco and Liedson, so he could be happier with Brazil winning the WC.

btw, Eduardo ****ing rocks, both as a GK as a Human being

quote:

BTW I give you guys a lot of credit because Uruguay is a pretty small country and you guys have a very good team.

Colombia has over 30mil citizens and couldn't make the would cup and you guys just have above 3 mil.

Thanks. Even though the population of the countries obviously matter, and so does the football culture, the team's organization is as important as the others.

Uruguay has had excellent teams that have done nothing in previous WC. In 1990 we had Francescoli, Ruben Sosa, Alzamendi, Ruben Paz, Fonseca, etc., and only managed to get into the second round with a last second goal by Fonseca vs Korea (when Korea sucked).

After that, we've had very good players (Montero, Recoba to name some), but our NT sucked bad. And that's because the group of players wasn't with their heads in doing things right, they didn't get along and forgot the common objective that is winning.

This team is probably not the more talented we've had in recent history, but you can see them playing as a team, with a clear objective, with no egos, and that is what makes a winner.

I think Colombia has lost that. They don't have the talent right now either, but have always had good players. You could see in the qualys the environment beetween players was not good, and that reflects in the field. You get that right, and you'll be back in the WC.

classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

wmode="transparent"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1fSA6jxdfc&hl=pt_BR&fs=1&"

/>

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

@ COLOMBIANO

It could be a matter of maturity, a la D12, but I think it is because Pepe is brazillian, like Deco and Liedson, so he could be happier with Brazil winning the WC.

btw, Eduardo ****ing rocks, both as a GK as a Human being

Was pepe raised in Portugal? How come he didn't try to play for Brazil?

quote:
Originally posted by Caco:

quote:

BTW I give you guys a lot of credit because Uruguay is a pretty small country and you guys have a very good team.

Colombia has over 30mil citizens and couldn't make the would cup and you guys just have above 3 mil.

Thanks. Even though the population of the countries obviously matter, and so does the football culture, the team's organization is as important as the others.

Uruguay has had excellent teams that have done nothing in previous WC. In 1990 we had Francescoli, Ruben Sosa, Alzamendi, Ruben Paz, Fonseca, etc., and only managed to get into the second round with a last second goal by Fonseca vs Korea (when Korea sucked).

After that, we've had very good players (Montero, Recoba to name some), but our NT sucked bad. And that's because the group of players wasn't with their heads in doing things right, they didn't get along and forgot the common objective that is winning.

This team is probably not the more talented we've had in recent history, but you can see them playing as a team, with a clear objective, with no egos, and that is what makes a winner.

I think Colombia has lost that. They don't have the talent right now either, but have always had good players. You could see in the qualys the environment beetween players was not good, and that reflects in the field. You get that right, and you'll be back in the WC.

Ohhh boy...don't even get me started with how bad our players are. I don't even watch Colombian soccer anymore and we seems to have a bright future with young players at one point, but once they turn 20 and get a decent pay check they seem to stop loving the sport.

A lot to do has to do with what happened in USA 1994 and the threats Colombian soccer players received, but it's been 16 years and it's time for a change of president in the Colombian soccer federation.

When he was 14 he came to Portugal.

Both Pepe and Deco could have played for Brazil.

They are great footballers

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

When he was 14 he came to Portugal.

Both Pepe and Deco could have played for Brazil.

They are great footballers

Any news on Falcao? Is he staying in Portugal?