OFFICIAL Game Thread: cLEAVEland LeBrons @ Orlando Magic - 11/11/09 8:00pm EST

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

quote:
Originally posted by Obawan12:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

lol @ the Crybaby Lebron pic.

The one thing everyone forgets is the Magic played like absolute trash last night and the Cavs got super human performances from their entire roster. How many times is that going to happen?

Reminds me of the ECF, except the rolls were reversed.

I'm not trying to make excuses, just pointing out that it works both ways. Pretty much everything does.

Calling Rashard Lewis an All-Star is about as legit as calling Mo Williams one. Neither deserved to be on there at all.

Just FYI, Leon Powe had a better PER than Rashard Lewis last year, and West had a better PER than Anderson. I guess it just depends on how you look at it...

The game last night meant nothing. Neither team looked like what they will look like in March. I'm not talking roster wise (besides injuries and a possible trade), but chemistry wise. All that game meant was bragging rights, at this point, Boston, Orlando, and Cleveland all know it's just them three at the top (until Miami proves otherwise). How anyone performs right now means nothing, remember Boston started 27-2 last year, and lost in the 2nd round. It's not how you start, but how you finish.

Comparing the PER's of those players doesnt mean ****. PER doesnt show the fit of a player to his team.

Rashard and Anderson spread the floor for us and have 1000 times more of an impact to our team than West an Powe does for the Cavs

Like I said, it depends on how you look at it. However, from an individual standpoint, neither Mo nor Rashard deserved to be on the AST.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The one thing everyone forgets is the Magic played like absolute trash last night and the Cavs got super human performances from their entire roster. How many times is that going to happen?

I'm not trying to make excuses, just pointing out that it works both ways. Pretty much everything does.

Calling Rashard Lewis an All-Star is about as legit as calling Mo Williams one. Neither deserved to be on there at all.

Just FYI, Leon Powe had a better PER than Rashard Lewis last year, and West had a better PER than Anderson. I guess it just depends on how you look at it...

The game last night meant nothing. Neither team looked like what they will look like in March. I'm not talking roster wise (besides injuries and a possible trade), but chemistry wise. All that game meant was bragging rights, at this point, Boston, Orlando, and Cleveland all know it's just them three at the top (until Miami proves otherwise). How anyone performs right now means nothing, remember Boston started 27-2 last year, and lost in the 2nd round. It's not how you start, but how you finish.

Comparing the PER's of those players doesnt mean ****. PER doesnt show the fit of a player to his team.

Rashard and Anderson spread the floor for us and have 1000 times more of an impact to our team than West an Powe does for the Cavs

Like I said, it depends on how you look at it. However, from an individual standpoint, neither Mo nor Rashard deserved to be on the AST.

mo is a fgt

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

mo is a fgt

How does a post like this do anything for you? I honestly wonder, does it make you feel good about yourself or something? Are you trying to bate me into flaming or trolling? You contribute nothing with a post like this. I am all for having an intellectual basketball argument, however trying to bate and wasting post space with a line like that is completely pointless.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes and no. Mo can play at a high level and be all star worthy but it seems to me he lacks consistancy, but I dont watch every Cavs game. And good not great point guards are a dime a dozen in the league now.

Rashard on the other hand is very unique. If you put him on a team without a dominate center than hes just a post threat and a 3 point shooter. Above average defender at PF and it remains to be seen if he can still play and guard the 3 postion. But no other power forward can compliment Dwight the way Lewis does. You can also make the argument that Lewis is/isnt worth 118 million. He is not. But thats just how important he is to our team. We paid 118 million for the concept not the player, thats why hes so valuable.

You wont agree but on the sheer fact that Mo is a lot easier to replace than Rashard Lewis for their respective teams, I have to say Lewis > Mo

quote:

Yes and no. Mo can play at a high level and be all star worthy but it seems to me he lacks consistancy, but I dont watch every Cavs game. And good not great point guards are a dime a dozen in the league now.

Rashard on the other hand is very unique. If you put him on a team without a dominate center than hes just a post threat and a 3 point shooter. Above average defender at PF and it remains to be seen if he can still play and guard the 3 postion. But no other power forward can compliment Dwight the way Lewis does. You can also make the argument that Lewis is/isnt worth 118 million. He is not. But thats just how important he is to our team. We paid 118 million for the concept not the player, thats why hes so valuable.

You wont agree but on the sheer fact that Mo is a lot easier to replace than Rashard Lewis for their respective teams, I have to say Lewis > Mo

Saying Rashard>Mo doesn't make Lewis more deserving of an All-Star spot. That's like saying Rashard is better than Tony Battie, so he deserves an All-Star spot. If I was comparing Mo and Rashard, you would have a point. However, if you go back and look at my post, I never compared the two, I just said that neither deserved to be on the AST.

Rashard may be very important to your team, but individually he was just an above average player last year. I guess if you count winning towards All-star spots, you would have a point. However I find that unfair to the Chris Paul's of the league who are top tier talent on horrible teams, and there is nothing they can do about it.

The All-Star team is very subjective, as is pretty much everything else. You can't really measure a player's value to his team, however you can measure his individual performance, especially with all the stats they have out today (the only non-biased part of basketball). And the stats showed that Lewis was not All-Star worthy.

Here's a question you can ask yourself if you want to know if a player should be on the All-Star team. If he was on a non-playoff team with the exact same stats, would he still be in the conversation? I think logic says no to that question for both Mo and Rashard. With Mo there is proof, just look at him the year before on Milwaukee.

quote:

quote:

Saying Rashard>Mo doesn't make Lewis more deserving of an All-Star spot. That's like saying Rashard is better than Tony Battie, so he deserves an All-Star spot. If I was comparing Mo and Rashard, you would have a point. However, if you go back and look at my post, I never compared the two, I just said that neither deserved to be on the AST.

Rashard may be very important to your team, but individually he was just an above average player last year. I guess if you count winning towards All-star spots, you would have a point. However I find that unfair to the Chris Paul's of the league who are top tier talent on horrible teams, and there is nothing they can do about it.

The All-Star team is very subjective, as is pretty much everything else. You can't really measure a player's value to his team, however you can measure his individual performance, especially with all the stats they have out today (the only non-biased part of basketball). And the stats showed that Lewis was not All-Star worthy.

Here's a question you can ask yourself if you want to know if a player should be on the All-Star team. If he was on a non-playoff team with the exact same stats, would he still be in the conversation? I think logic says no to that question for both Mo and Rashard. With Mo there is proof, just look at him the year before on Milwaukee.

Rashard was an allstar in Seattle.

Look its hard to compare both players they really couldnt be any different.

When it comes to the AST and individual stats both players should be nominees nothing more.

This is what I do know, I would rather have Jameer than Mo. And I would rather have Lewis than Varajao.

If Mo could play like he did last night more often then I would change my mind, He killed Jameer last night.

quote:

quote:

Did I forget to mention the 4 day rest and 5 days of practice time the cavs had to prepare for the Magic while the Magic were on a back to back? Or the fact that the Cavs played 4 games in 11 days where the Magic played 7?

And...Rashard was voted in by the coaches.... so I guess that means he deserved it. Maurice Williams did not. He was hand picked by Stern because of all the whining the Cavs were doing, especially your owner.

The roles where not reversed. The '09 Cavs were exposed for what they really were, pretenders, all media hype led by ESPN/ABC for the sake of ratings.

The Feb 11 game vs the Magic is scheduled the same way. Cavs get 5 "easy" teams leading up to the the Magic all at Cleveland, probably all blowouts, where as the Magic get 4 games in 5 nights... @Boston, Home vs Hornets, @Chicago, last @Cleveland, you guessed it...2 back to backs!!

This is a new season and who knows what will happen with the swine flu out there and surprise injuries, but its time to accept that the Cavs were O-VER-RATED last season, and we, the Magic fans and Barkley all knew it.