Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

Is Matt Barnes worth more than he's paid?

I think he has a slight reputation of being hard headed, and a little quick to react, push and fight. But he is definitely underpaid. He is a very solid player. All those years hiding in Golden State didn't help him. If he keeps this up he will get paid soon.

quote:
I think he has a slight reputation of being hard headed, and a little quick to react, push and fight. But he is definitely underpaid. He is a very solid player. All those years hiding in Golden State didn't help him. If he keeps this up he will get paid soon.

Unfortunatly, it probably won't be by us.

anyone know what the rules are for us keeping him? is he a restricted or un-restricted free-agent? I do believe he has the player option, which most likely he'll opt out of after this season. But do we have the opportunity to give him the most or at least match?

what do other solid role players in league make on average?

Heck we got a back up center thats highly paid.

oh me neither, Gortat is awesome! Look at the difference though there making. Gortat is making about $5.5mill more. But that's kinda my question. what should a good role player be worth?

The thing is though Gortat is a center, which as we all know is hard to come by a good one let alone have a good one as a backup and a all-star starting. So I can see centers being worth more, but that much?

Just curious to see what others think.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicfanNmaine:

anyone know what the rules are for us keeping him? is he a restricted or un-restricted free-agent? I do believe he has the player option, which most likely he'll opt out of after this season. But do we have the opportunity to give him the most or at least match?

what do other solid role players in league make on average?

Heck we got a back up center thats highly paid.

we'd need to use our mle to resign him, we have no special rights with him because hes only been here for 1 year