~O~

Dude..Guess What Happened to Me?

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Its just zo:

xbox sux u need to get ps3(free online). u can send it in to microsoft and wait 5-6 weeks to get it back or go to craigslist and find an ad with someone who can fix it for 30-50 bucks. or u can can youtube sum1 fixing their xbox and destroy it like i did. im sending this message from ps3s browser btw icon_smile.gif

i sent in my xbox and they sent me a brand new one in 10 days.

xbox live will always be better than PS online because although the $$$ sucks it allows creation of better servers and an entirely better online experience.

like i run my xbox off of my laptops wifi and still play mw2 with no lag

How does that work?

well my house has a router thats a good distance from my room. so i run an ethernet cable from my xbox to my laptop and use the laptop to wirelessly connect to the router.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Oh word? I didn't know you could do that. I have the $100 POS adapter made for the 360 but it drops every now and then.

it took a while to figure out and i had to mess around with network connections and had to switch my xbox to manual DNS settings but it ended up working.

Oh, and for the people that didn't already know, you can now (well, it's been a month since the change) use USB storage for XBOX games/files/etc. XBOX is recognizing USB storages as hard drives, however I don't think you can go over 32 gigs (16 max per device)

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

xbox sux u need to get ps3(free online). u can send it in to microsoft and wait 5-6 weeks to get it back or go to craigslist and find an ad with someone who can fix it for 30-50 bucks. or u can can youtube sum1 fixing their xbox and destroy it like i did. im sending this message from ps3s browser btw icon_smile.gif

i sent in my xbox and they sent me a brand new one in 10 days.

xbox live will always be better than PS online because although the $$$ sucks it allows creation of better servers and an entirely better online experience.

like i run my xbox off of my laptops wifi and still play mw2 with no lag

I've had xbox since it came out. One of the first games on regular xbox, the original ureal championship...is still the best game i've ever played. I was beazt at halo when xbox 360 came out. So i've had an xbox for like a gazillion years and was one of the first maybye 1000 or so people with xbox live. After countless ring of deaths (probably more than anyone here) I eventually gave up. From my extensive experience of xbox 360 im gonna tell you the truth. YOUR XBOX WILL EVENTUALLY GIVE YOU THE RING OF DEATH. AND WHEN YOU GET IT AND YOUR WARRANTY IS UP YOU WILL MURDER SOMEONE. GET RID OF IT NOW OR YOU WILL GET LIFE IN PRISON.

Bought an used one (probably 4 years old), out of warranty... got the ring of death. Called Support, told them I wasn't sure when I bought the system (since for the RROD they give you 3 years of warranty), and they just told me to send it in. I sent it to them, got it back in a week, and it was fixed. Not only that but they also gave me 3 months free of XBL.

Oh, all of this free of charge.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Bought an used one (probably 4 years old), out of warranty... got the ring of death. Called Support, told them I wasn't sure when I bought the system (since for the RROD they give you 3 years of warranty), and they just told me to send it in. I sent it to them, got it back in a week, and it was fixed. Not only that but they also gave me 3 months free of XBL.

Oh, all of this free of charge.

when you get your first ring of death it will come again after they fix it, thats a given. then again i was a gamer and i played alot so if you dont play much it shoulnt be a problem. but ive had the best of both worlds and ive played xbox far longer than ps3 so for me to give the slight edge to ps3 means its a fact and ur opinions suk lol j/p actually no im not. the only thing better in my opinion is there are more xbox live members than playstation network users so there are more players online. but as ps3 prices drop more people are getting it because its free..

quote:

also the best dvd player around and internet browser. i can also tell you that the ps3 lag thing is a myth.

I already own a DVD player and a PC with internet browsing that's 100x better than PS3's. So really, besides free online play and God of War, the PS3 provides me with NOTHING better than that of the XBOX 360.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

also the best dvd player around and internet browser. i can also tell you that the ps3 lag thing is a myth.

I already own a DVD player and a PC with internet browsing that's 100x better than PS3's. So really, besides free online play and God of War, the PS3 provides me with NOTHING better than that of the XBOX 360.

yep