Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

No Vince...No problem...Any J.J. doubters still out there?

At this point, it seems like JJ's biggest problem is mental. He seems to be too hard on himself, which is saying something when you consider that he's a professional athlete. He takes things to heart too much. A shooter needs to have a short memory, keep shooting, and not get down on themselves or start doubting everytime they miss a few shots. If I remember correctly, SVG had made similar comments about JJ in the past.

He's come so far physically, literally transforming himself in that aspect. Because of that, combined with his great hustle, he's now become a better than avarage perimeter defender who can stay with most of the SG's in the league. But, he's become notorious for mind f'ng himself offensively.

I hope he's finally gotten it all together. Some of you may still debate whether JJ can be anything more than a decent role player at this level (because of physical limitations..if you're arguing that he is not skilled, then you are probably just a hater), but you can't debate that he has worked very hard to improve his weaknesses. Because of that, he deserves to be successful. I hope he does succeed. One, because like I said, he's earned it, and two, because Vince is getting old and he won't be what he is right now for much longer. The team will need JJ to continue to step up.

quote:
Originally posted by Joe_PR:

At this point, it seems like JJ's biggest problem is mental. He seems to be too hard on himself, which is saying something when you consider that he's a professional athlete. He takes things to heart too much. A shooter needs to have a short memory, keep shooting, and not get down on themselves or start doubting everytime they miss a few shots. If I remember correctly, SVG had made similar comments about JJ in the past.

He's come so far physically, literally transforming himself in that aspect. Because of that, combined with his great hustle, he's now become a better than avarage perimeter defender who can stay with most of the SG's in the league. But, he's become notorious for mind f'ng himself offensively.

I hope he's finally gotten it all together. Some of you may still debate whether JJ can be anything more than a decent role player at this level (because of physical limitations..if you're arguing that he is not skilled, then you are probably just a hater), but you can't debate that he has worked very hard to improve his weaknesses. Because of that, he deserves to be successful. I hope he does succeed. One, because like I said, he's earned it, and two, because Vince is getting old and he won't be what he is right now for much longer. The team will need JJ to continue to step up.

This plus more consistent defense will get JJ more minutes. He played GREAT defense vs. Allen in the boston series this past playoffs most of the time. If he can keep stepping his defense up, his shooting will always be there. I agree that he takes missed shots too personally though. He needs to get his memory shortened with regards those misses.

I personally think JJ is passed all the mins issues, no matter what he will be consistent and he wont complain about mins at all this season, i think he has matured, and in that he has become better and will be a regular in the rotation whether he plays 5 mins or 20 mins..

AND dont forget people, we are going to kill teams in the first half and then the bench will come on!