Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

This Magic team seems better yet

"And it isn't just that the Magic won every preseason game, or that they were the only NBA team to emerge unblemished, they got better and better while doing it, gaining momentum as the regular season approached.

The Magic opened the preseason with five- and four-point wins against Dallas and Miami, only to follow that with a nine-point win against Houston, a 19-point win against Houston, a 25-point win against New Orleans, a small dip with a three-point win against Chicago and then a 30-point win against Indianapolis. Friday night, they culminated it with a 37-point win against Atlanta."

Good Article...

*Caution* - If you have a soft spot for C.Lee, you might want to hold tight... (I feel a "Who Is Better" thread coming)

I think often times preseason is undervalued in the NBA. Its not like the NFL, where most teams hold out star players and play all the potential cuts on the last week.

Yea NBA preseason can be ugly like most preseason games in sports, but they do show a glimpse of what is to come.

Building momentum in preseason is huge in my opinion, because it increases the confidence in players and the system they play in.

"And it isn't just that the Magic won every preseason game, or that they were the only NBA team to emerge unblemished, they got better and better while doing it, gaining momentum as the regular season approached.

The Magic opened the preseason with five- and four-point wins against Dallas and Miami, only to follow that with a nine-point win against Houston, a 19-point win against Houston, a 25-point win against New Orleans, a small dip with a three-point win against Chicago and then a 30-point win against Indianapolis. Friday night, they culminated it with a 37-point win against Atlanta."

Good Article...

*Caution* - If you have a soft spot for C.Lee, you might want to hold tight... (I feel a "Who Is Better" thread coming)

I think often times preseason is undervalued in the NBA. Its not like the NFL, where most teams hold out star players and play all the potential cuts on the last week.

Yea NBA preseason can be ugly like most preseason games in sports, but they do show a glimpse of what is to come.

Building momentum in preseason is huge in my opinion, because it increases the confidence in players and the system they play in.