Sign in to follow this  
RickG7

Hearing from Lee, Alston & Battie

Battie acting bitter towards the Magic is understandable but not smart. The Nets will probably buy him out later in the season, and he could potentially have the chance to come back to Orlando for our playoff run.

Burning bridges isn't the right move, especially in a business as fluid as the NBA.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

from the Magic (finals appearance) to the Nets, I mean come on, I'd be upset if you sent to me NJ period, let alone to be apart of the Nets...

I don't understand why people have this perception of NJ as being this dirty, smelly, dark place that noone would ever want to live in. For the most part, NJ is a really nice place to live, with many upscale neighborhoods, parks, lakes, various night life and entertainment. Not to mention, NYC is a short drive away.

I live in NJ (can't you tell, lol) and even though I've been to the majority of the states in the U.S., I wouldn't want to live all year round anywhere else.

I'm sure Lee isn't so much upset with living in NJ as he is with going to a potential celler dweller of the NBA this year. The Nets will be good in a couple of years though.

It's just disappointing on one level, because you would think Battie would be better than that.. or at least more mature, more veteran than that.

Lee I don't blame, at least initially. Who didn't picture Lee here for his whole career, or at least more than a few years? Shoot, Rafer I almost expect it from. But Battie??

quote:
Originally posted by Bun B:

quote:

from the Magic (finals appearance) to the Nets, I mean come on, I'd be upset if you sent to me NJ period, let alone to be apart of the Nets...

I don't understand why people have this perception of NJ as being this dirty, smelly, dark place that noone would ever want to live in. For the most part, NJ is a really nice place to live, with many upscale neighborhoods, parks, lakes, various night life and entertainment. Not to mention, NYC is a short drive away.

I live in NJ (can't you tell, lol) and even though I've been to the majority of the states in the U.S., I wouldn't want to live all year round anywhere else.

I'm sure Lee isn't so much upset with living in NJ as he is with going to a potential celler dweller of the NBA this year. The Nets will be good in a couple of years though.

it's called a joke...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Bun B:

quote:

it's called a joke...

Yea I understand...I didn't mean to direct that specifically at you, I just never understood that general perception of NJ from people living in other states. Whatever, doesn't matter.

I'll be there on the 30th rooting the Magic on against Clee and the Nets. Can't wait.

quote:
Originally posted by RickG7:

Lee, Alston & Battie were heard from today when they played the Celtics. They talked about how the Celtics are different this season vs last season when the Magic beat them in the playoffs. How do you think the series would have been different with the 2009 Magic vs. 2010 Celtics?

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sp...-changes-in-celtics/

We had no Jameer and if we had Jameer and they had Garnett it would have been an interesting series to watch - I think the Magic win.

Boston and Orlando should be very interesting this year. Adding Wallace helps them, but he and KG are getting older as is Ray Allen. On the Magic side you have some hungry players and a one year better Howard and a one year better Nelson - that is tough to deal with and you add Bass and Barnes - the Magic are tough and I think they will win it all, but Boston does look solid - I hate Boston, but they look like a legitimate battle. Now, Cleveland - we own them and Shaq will not help.

i really don't think cleveland can beat boston or orlando in the east. i really don't. everyone thinking shaq coming is going to stop dwight... think again. dwight gets to finally have a one on one match-up. i would rather be one-on-one with someone anyday, over getting double teamed. so i would half-way agree with anyone who says that the celtics are the team to beat in the east. for the magic, that is our main competition. i see the eastern conference finals being like last year, the number one spot gets a bye past an EVIL eventual 7 game series. Here's hoping the Magic secure the best record.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Battie also used to play for the Celtics.

This.

And even if he didn't, I don't consider express an opinion like that one as taking a shot to your former team. Just an opinion. Not like he's said: "the C's will destroy the Magic this year" or something like that...