Sign in to follow this  
jmmagicfan

2010 MVP predictions

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/...sonPredictions09-MVP

ESPN and their writers are at it again, 35 out of 53 pick Queen James to repeat as regular season MVP - at least they aren't picking him for finals MVP - I guess even they realize he has to actually get there. Kobe got 9 votes, DWade got 6 and three others, including Dwight, got 1 each. Just goes to prove that they are all about offense, and defense doesn't earn the respect it should. And yet, they will be the ones to tell us next spring that "Defense wins championships". Typical! smile_beatcomp.gif

ESPN and their writers are at it again, 35 out of 53 pick Queen James to repeat as regular season MVP - at least they aren't picking him for finals MVP - I guess even they realize he has to actually get there. Kobe got 9 votes, DWade got 6 and three others, including Dwight, got 1 each. Just goes to prove that they are all about offense, and defense doesn't earn the respect it should. And yet, they will be the ones to tell us next spring that "Defense wins championships". Typical! smile_beatcomp.gif

quote:
Originally posted by jmmagicfan:

Are you saying LBJ does not play any defense? If you did, you are crazy!

Wade should have won it last year. His defense really improved and was the best offensively.

I still would have had Wade, Lebron and Kobe over Dwight last year. Until he shoots 70% or above from the stripe and adds a somewhat consistant jumper, he will just not garner the attention needed to get that award.

Whats scary is that IMO he has not scratched the surface of what he can do offensively, yet he still avg 22 pts a game.

well no suprises with espn so far up lebron arse he is always going to be favourate.

it amazes me that they can start this even before the first tip...

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

well no suprises with espn so far up lebron arse he is always going to be favourate.

That's why they call it a pretiction. For example, I predict The Lakers will repeat. They haven't even played a game yet, but based on their team, I think they will win it all again.

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

That's why they call it a pretiction. For example, I predict The Lakers will repeat. They haven't even played a game yet, but based on their team, I think they will win it all again.

i know what a prediction im just sick of espn and thier we love lebron experts. only thing that makes me laugh is still thinking about thier predictions before the eastern conference finals and how far off they truley were...

quote:
Originally posted by Rimsh:

Wow, no one for Billups? He pretty much made the Nuggets Championship contenders. I think he's a dark horse to win MVP.

He was their MVP and Billups made Iverson look really really really bad!

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by Rimsh:

Wow, no one for Billups? He pretty much made the Nuggets Championship contenders. I think he's a dark horse to win MVP.

He was their MVP and Billups made Iverson look really really really bad!

No votes for Billups. I know it is a prediction, but the others who got one vote were Derrick Rose and Kevin Durant.

Also, I did not say that LeBron played no defense, I said they obviously rate offense higher. Lebron is a talented all-around player, but you can name on one hand the number of guys who have led the league in rebounds and blocks in the same season. The following centers never did it: Shaq, Ewing, Olajuwan, Robinson, Abdul-Jabbar. It boggles my mind, that the reigning Defensive Player of the Year leads the league in rebounding, and blocks; leads his team in scoring; improves his game every year; took his team to the finals, including beating the MVP's team in six; and still gets no more consideration in the predictions than Kevin Durant?!?!? You really don't think I have a point, and all you can say is Lebron plays good D too?!?!? For those who say the MVP has to make his teammates better, please keep a really close eye on how Hedo does this year.