Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

The Official 2009 NCAA Football Thread

VaBch we thought fsu would be good because we saw that we have an elite offense this year. We also figured our defensive coaches would try instead of mailing it in because this is likely their last year. If we have a mediocre defense than we win 9-10 games this year.

Instead we have the worst defense to play at fsu in 33 years. A defense that's ranked in the bottom 5 of the NCAA division 1a.

Ponder is top 5 in total yards, top 20 in passer rating, top 20 in ypa.

Ponder: 1781 yds 67.7% 8.2ypa 9 td 1 int 123 rush yds 2 tds

Tebow: 777 yds 65.5% 9.25ypa 7td 2int 309 yds 5tds

Clausen: 1544 yds 67.6% 10.4 ypa 12td 2int -73 rush yds

McCoy: 1410 yds 73.4% 7.66 ypa 10td 6int 58 rsh 1td

I like how he stacks up against the best qb's in the nation

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

OMGZ pOnderrrr es betta thn TeeeeBoW!!!

They'll still give Tebow the Heisman just because, giving him two he doesn't deserve.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

They'll still give Tebow the Heisman just because, giving him two he doesn't deserve.

Do you ever give credit to anyone not in a Magic or Seminole uniform? You have to be the only person outside the state of Oklahoma that thinks they beat themselves in the championship game.

Tebow didn't deserve the Heisman in 2007? Really? He was the first person EVER to pass for over 20 TDs AND run for over 20 TDs in the same year, and he threw for over 30. Michael Vick, Vince Young, Kordell Stewart, Eric Crouch, Tommie Frazier, the list of great dual threat QBs goes on and on and have not touched those numbers. He carried UF to 9 wins with a defense that rivals FSU's current unit for pure suckiness.

I'd like to point out that you guys were saying I was arrogant, and that Gator fans were the worst in this area. You'd think 3 straight losses would tame this, but I guess not.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:

quote:

Do you ever give credit to anyone not in a Magic or Seminole uniform? You have to be the only person outside the state of Oklahoma that thinks they beat themselves in the championship game.

Tebow didn't deserve the Heisman in 2007? Really? He was the first person EVER to pass for over 20 TDs AND run for over 20 TDs in the same year, and he threw for over 30. Michael Vick, Vince Young, Kordell Stewart, Eric Crouch, Tommie Frazier, the list of great dual threat QBs goes on and on and have not touched those numbers. He carried UF to 9 wins with a defense that rivals FSU's current unit for pure suckiness.

I'd like to point out that you guys were saying I was arrogant, and that Gator fans were the worst in this area. You'd think 3 straight losses would tame this, but I guess not.

yeah if you look at stats the 50 touchdowns and top program thing really makes tebow deserve the heisman.

Doesn't mean the majority of you aren't ******bags.

Oh and in 2007 you guys were 43rd in the nation allowing 361.8 yards per game

you also allowed 25.5 ppg

This year we are 108th in the nation allowing 428.2 ypg and 28.2 ppg

Huge difference.

quote:

I never once said that Ponder was a bad QB, even though him nor Tebow will be playing QB in the NFL. Stats don't tell everything or prove someone is a good player, Texas Tech Qb's have great numbers all the time but everyone knows they aren't great Qb's. Florida St can't run the football and Florida is an option team. I would expect Ponder's numbers to be better, but I bet you would take Tebow in a heartbeat because he wins games. More to football than numbers which Ponder is learning quickly.

quote:

quote:

If Clausen beats USC I think he wins the Heisman, but the race is wide open.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

Some of you guys who posted in this thread should go back and read it, some good laughs. Why is it the guy who was jumped on by everyone, turned out to be right and everyone was just being biased and completely insane over 1 week? I wish people would actually come back and say that they were completely wrong, it would make me think they at least could admit when they were totally wrong.

Die

Please.

So thats all you have to say for being completely wrong?

quote:

quote:

I never once said that Ponder was a bad QB, even though him nor Tebow will be playing QB in the NFL. Stats don't tell everything or prove someone is a good player, Texas Tech Qb's have great numbers all the time but everyone knows they aren't great Qb's. Florida St can't run the football and Florida is an option team. I would expect Ponder's numbers to be better, but I bet you would take Tebow in a heartbeat because he wins games. More to football than numbers which Ponder is learning quickly.

That post wasn't meant to be a rebuttal to anything you said. We're all just surprised at his development since he was considered a throw in guy for depth only because his father played here.

You dont see many 3* recruits pushing these numbers especially considering our recent history of being a run first offense that the D always has to bail out.

Oh and we dont have too much trouble running the ball. Just our backs are quick and we dont have a fullback on roster so all the rain we've had has been ****ing up our run game.

if you disregard the JSU game which was just an aberration we've done decent on the ground. 313 yards against byu, 180 against tech.

By the end of the season i bet we're a pretty good rushing team at least in ACC play

EDIT: also if we had a decent defense we could afford to run the ball more often. We pass because we always have to play like we're 20 points behind, even on opening kickoff.

EDIT^2: You could compare us to texas tech if we ran a run and gun, 4 wide at all times, type of offense but we dont. We operate out of the proform 2 wide, 2 backs or twin TE a significant part of the time. Ponder's numbers are going to skyrocket though. We lost our top 15 TE for the season so we're probably going to run more spread.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Some of you guys who posted in this thread should go back and read it, some good laughs. Why is it the guy who was jumped on by everyone, turned out to be right and everyone was just being biased and completely insane over 1 week? I wish people would actually come back and say that they were completely wrong, it would make me think they at least could admit when they were totally wrong.

Die

Please.

I'm not completely wrong. First off, you're still talking like the season is over, instead of talking like we are a mere 6 games in.

Second off, everyone who is even minorly educated in NCAA Football knows that FSU is not a 2-4 football team. No way on earth should a team of this caliber be 2-4. Even when you watch them play, they don't remind you of a 2-4 team. The fact is, this team should be NO WORSE than 5-1, if not 6-0. We have seen this year more than any of the past few years that this mess begins at the top, and has trickled it's way down.

So basically what I'm saying is, still, UF still has to earn #1 (LSU was overrated. That is just plain and simple, whether you like it or not.), FSU's season is not lost (they could still very well make the ACC Title game, where they could make a serious statement by beating VaTech/Miami, then could salvage the season with a win in the Orange Bowl), and you are still uber biased about your Gators and SEC garbage.

That is all.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Die

Please.

I'm not completely wrong. First off, you're still talking like the season is over, instead of talking like we are a mere 6 games in.

Second off, everyone who is even minorly educated in NCAA Football knows that FSU is not a 2-4 football team. No way on earth should a team of this caliber be 2-4. Even when you watch them play, they don't remind you of a 2-4 team. The fact is, this team should be NO WORSE than 5-1, if not 6-0. We have seen this year more than any of the past few years that this mess begins at the top, and has trickled it's way down.

So basically what I'm saying is, still, UF still has to earn #1 (LSU was overrated. That is just plain and simple, whether you like it or not.), FSU's season is not lost (they could still very well make the ACC Title game, where they could make a serious statement by beating VaTech/Miami, then could salvage the season with a win in the Orange Bowl), and you are still uber biased about your Gators and SEC garbage.

That is all.

1. Dude! NO WAY do we make the title game.

2. Our Defense is the worst Defense at FSU since 1973. We're starting a 2* senior at Rover (who at one point in the miami game allowed the reciever to take 7 steps before he even moved his foot) Korey Mangum. He might be the worst player to start for the Noles in the modern era. We're also starting a walkon DE Yarbaugh who doesn't have the talent to make a difference. We're forced to start a freshman DT now because the guys we have underperform and are lazy. Our other DE (White, a JUCO) can pass rush ok but he sucks at playing the run.

Jamie Robinson our other Safety is a mediocre player who most top 25 programs would try and hide.

Corners are pretty good but our pass rush is terrible so they get exploited. Cant expect them to cover for 7 or 8 seconds.

Our defensive coaches are terrible. Andrews wanted to retire but we begged him to come back. We would be better with no one coaching our linebackers rather than Amato. Jody Allen has never coached defense before but hes coaching our defensive ends.

We just lost a game where we put up 44 points and were almost perfect on offense. Our QB put up 360 yards and 5tds, the best numbers since our heismans, and our running game was pretty good. Our defense never forced them to kick a field goal. They never stopped them once.

Other highlights from our season:

almost lost to JSU

lost to USF

gave up 400 yards to BC when Clemson held them to 60 when they played.

After all of this you say our season isnt over???

EDIT: KENT state help BC to 221 yards and i was wrong about Clemson. they held them to 54 yards.