Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

The Official 2009 NCAA Football Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

Big news coming out of UCF recruiting right now. Not completely confirmed yet but it's looking like they have gotten verbal commitments from 3 of the 4 big recruits out of Miami Central. Joshua Reese, Jeffery Godfrey, and Jamaal McClain. Apparently Godfrey is now rethinking his commitment to USF after the problems with Leavitt and two of his three team mates deciding to head to UCF. Brandon Gainer still has not made up his mind yet at all on wither or not he will join them but the chances are much higher now then ever. The sentinel is right now working the story and when a link comes I will post it.

reece 4* WR

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/f...r-Joshua-Reese-93566

quote:
Conclusion: Similar to fellow south Florida receiver Michaelee Harris, Reese is a definite contributor on the next level because his hands and ability to run routes and get open. He is more physically advanced than most and will continue to get stronger with ease. Expect Reese to be a steady, contributing wide out that can make tough catches, run good routes and do the dirty work, too.

godfrey

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/f...effrey-Godfrey-71671

dual threat qb

Gainer 3* rb

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/f...Brandon-Gainer-73781

oh and rivals is saying this is a done deal.

http://footballrecruiting.riva...tent.asp?CID=1031352

Christmas came early for UCF fans as three of the nation's top-rated prospects say they plan to wear the Black & Gold next year.

The Miami-Central "trio" of quarterback Jeffrey Godfrey, wide receiver Joshua Reese and cornerback Jammal McClain each announced their commitments to UCF Sunday night.

Rivals.com rates Godfrey as the No. 8 dual-threat quarterback in the nation. Reese is a four-star prospect and the No. 20 rated wide receiver. They were all recruited to UCF by assistant head coach and wide receivers coach David Kelly.

Godfrey passed for more than 3,000 yards and 43 touchdowns this past season, which eclipsed county records previously held by current University of Miami quarterback Jacory Harris.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Meaning Kamar will actually have a talented QB throwing him the ball for his senior season? Finally!!!

they force the ball to rocky ross all the time. Aiken is their best reciever.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

Meaning Kamar will actually have a talented QB throwing him the ball for his senior season? Finally!!!

Rocky will be graduating. He was a fifth year senior who stayed on this year due to medical reasons from last season. Guyton and Aiken will be taking over along with hopefully Reese.

Their is alot of talk however around the athletic facilities that UCF is gonna do everything they can to get a 6th year of eligibility for Hodges. Texas managed to pull it off for Shipley.

Regaurdless I am so psyched for next season it is ridiculous. Even with the loss it is starting to come out that UCF is right now the front runner to join the Big East since Notre Dame is saying no again to joining a conference. And with all the young talent UCF is stacking up in a few years they could really compete in it.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Now THIS is big news.

UCF will be in the big east before you know it.

That means USF will probably leave the Big East.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Now THIS is big news.

UCF will be in the big east before you know it.

That means USF will probably leave the Big East.

Yeah most likely to Canada again.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Rocky will be graduating. He was a fifth year senior who stayed on this year due to medical reasons from last season. Guyton and Aiken will be taking over along with hopefully Reese.

Their is alot of talk however around the athletic facilities that UCF is gonna do everything they can to get a 6th year of eligibility for Hodges. Texas managed to pull it off for Shipley.

Regaurdless I am so psyched for next season it is ridiculous. Even with the loss it is starting to come out that UCF is right now the front runner to join the Big East since Notre Dame is saying no again to joining a conference. And with all the young talent UCF is stacking up in a few years they could really compete in it.

hodges is only good when you compare him to the other ****ty QB's on roster. You got a home grown kid from oviedo thats a 3* coming in and now godfrey. Let them battle it out for starter next season.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

hodges is only good when you compare him to the other ****ty QB's on roster. You got a home grown kid from oviedo thats a 3* coming in and now godfrey. Let them battle it out for starter next season.

For Kamar's sake can they have an open competition? That's my boys little brother and if he has a good year next year there's a chance he can be drafted. I don't want that to be ****ed up by a ****ty QB.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:

FSU winning it all

This made me laugh. A 10 win season could happen though.And I really hope u guys beat Miami.I cann't stand them.And I actually hope u guys do well this season.UF needs the strength of schedule boost, badly.Even the conference schedule isn't that good, we dropped Ole miss for Mississippi State,we get Ackansas at home,Georgia will be down,Tennessee is amess, and Lsu will only be better if their QB play improves significantly.

Really the only threats are LSU in baton Rouge,and the sec Title game.

newdirection.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by pchandran:

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:

FSU winning it all

This made me laugh. A 10 win season could happen though.And I really hope u guys beat Miami.I cann't stand them.And I actually hope u guys do well this season.UF needs the strength of schedule boost, badly.Even the conference schedule isn't that good, we dropped Ole miss for Mississippi State,we get Ackansas at home,Georgia will be down,Tennessee is amess, and Lsu will only be better if their QB play improves significantly.

Really the only threats are LSU in baton Rouge,and the sec Title game.

newdirection.jpg

no one could have predicted the worst defense in the bowden era. With our elite offense and a mediocre defense we could have won 10 games.