Sign in to follow this  
Magicfan57

Who is your second favorite NBA team.....ESPN vote and poll link

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

#2 for me is most certainly the Miami Heat. D-Wade is my favorite player not wearing a Magic uniform in the NBA, and I cheer for any team from Florida in any sport as long as their not playing my main team (which are also all from Florida). I cheer for the Heat 78 games a season.

Kinda like the FSU Seminoles. Love em and wish em well 364 days a year. But when it's time for them to play the Gators all bets are off.

Oh I also cheer for New Orleans a bit too... CP3 is insane.

You never went to UF did you? The rivalry is a little more serious than you make it out to be.

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

quote:

Kinda like the FSU Seminoles. Love em and wish em well 364 days a year. But when it's time for them to play the Gators all bets are off.

Hold up...lemme get this straight.

You are a Gators fan, but root for FSU when they aren't playing UF?

yes, i do. It's called state pride. I go for any team in the state of florida. My main teams (Gators, Magic, Bucs, Marlins) I cheer for over anyone else, but I always like to see them do well.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

You never went to UF did you? The rivalry is a little more serious than you make it out to be.

I've been cheering for the Gators since shane matthews was the QB and the Gators were still getting booted around by a wack *** probation by the ncaa. No I have not gone to Florida (yet, i plan to transfer there) but I was raised in an all gator household and can tell you more about the traditions and history of that school then probably 90% of the students who currently go there.

I know how serious that rivalry is. But I also know how much of a joke it has become because how FSU has simply nosedived out of the college elite. I'd rather have a rival that is just as good as my favorite team. It makes the game mean something more. FSU vs. UF doesn't carry any of the mystyque that it used too, simply because Florida destroys them every time they play.

I'm a fan of Florida but I am also a fan of the game. Rivalries are at their best when the teams are at their best. So I'm gonna cheer FSU on, hope they win every game they play, right up to the day they play Florida again. Cause right now what was one of the best rivalries in college football has become a joke.

I never like to see Florida do well.

I never like to see USF do well.

I never like to see Miami do well.

NEVER.

You will NEVER EVER see me root for any of those teams, as well as some others (Notre Dame, USC, etc.)

NEVER.

quote:

NEVER.

That many strongly put NEVER's combined with the muscle and fury that is your sig makes a very intimidating post. Kudos.

In all seriousness though I understand why you wouldn't ever root for a rival. I just feel differently on it. A rivalry will die if it is constantly one crappy team vs one great team.

Before the Cavs signed Shaq I would have said the Cavs are my second favorite NBA team as I live in the Cleveland area. But I can't stand Shaq and now I'm doomed to look at his face on all of the local TV sports reports this season.

I wonder how well these two super egos will work together.

Having said that-we in Cleveland are dying for a championship. The last one was the 1965 Browns-the year before the first Super Bowl.

I don't get it, how can anyone be a Magic fan and be a fan of the Celts or Cleveland or the Heat? I can understand a WC team or some lowly EC team but that is crazy. You can't like your teams main rivals and competition or division opponents.

The Gators and Fsu is even worse, I went to UF and am a die hard Gator fan and I hate FSU. I have never met a Gator fan who didn't.

I am also a Dolphins fan and could not imagine someone liking the Dolphins and say the Patriots or the Jets. Its like liking both the Yanks and Sox.

quote:

quote:

NEVER.

A rivalry will die if it is constantly one crappy team vs one great team.

Florida has only been a great team for the past 3 seasons, and has only dominated FSU the past 2 meetings. (remember in '06 it took a bone-headed move by Tony Carter, who I still haven't forgiven to this day, to hand UF the game at Doak) So, I wouldn't say constantly.

Rivalry is about hatred and passion.

I don't care if FSU is 0-11 when they play UF. (Check that, 2-9...they need to beat Miami and USF. icon_biggrin.gif) It's still a rivalry.

I'm done hijacking this thread...it's time for my annual College Football Thread in Off-Topic anyway. haha.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...11015081/m/844102044

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

I don't get it, how can anyone be a Magic fan and be a fan of the Celts or Cleveland or the Heat? I can understand a WC team or some lowly EC team but that is crazy. You can't like your teams main rivals and competition or division opponents.

The Gators and Fsu is even worse, I went to UF and am a die hard Gator fan and I hate FSU. I have never met a Gator fan who didn't.

I am also a Dolphins fan and could not imagine someone liking the Dolphins and say the Patriots or the Jets. Its like liking both the Yanks and Sox.

Again, does the term "state pride" ring a bell to you? There is nothing wrong with supporting your local teams. I like the idea of being able to say that Florida is the best state in the nation when it comes to sports (which you can make a **** good argument it is. On to of that I have friends that have played on FSU's team so whats wrong with cheering for them for every other game of the season.

Although I would say the yanks and Red sox are not a good comparison... There is far too much bad blood in that rivalry in between the cities alone. UF and FSU though have long had a very respectful rivalry going on.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

How in one NBA playoff series did the Magic and the Cavs become rivals?? Let me tell you that in Cleveland the Magic are in no way considered rivals. At least not yet.

Yeah i agree with you, andie. For the last few years I have thought of Washington as Cleveland's main "rivals." I think a lot of the perception stems from the hype that the Cavs brought into the ECF this year, and how short they fell at the hands of the "underdog" Magic. Plus LeBaby's little antics.