Sign in to follow this  
magic4life

select a seat?

no players. only nick anderson will be there. personally, I dont see the point in going. If you want to buy season tickets, half season, or other plans, you can just buy over the phone or online even. Save your gas & time of driving over there. If you have been to a few games in different sections of the arena, you pretty much know what your view will be like. There is also a good 3-D seating tool on this site. I think in years past, if you bought a package there then you could get to the front of the line of a player meet and greet.

I agree, what a let down. They should of had some players there just for the fan support. Last years was the bomb as everyone was there including Howard, Lewis, and SVG. Not even SVG is going to be at this one. They should of asked a couple of the players to voluntary show up for an hour or two just to show love to the fans that are buying the tickets. This would have been a great way for the new members of the team to get to know the fans and develop that fan base that every player wants. Just call the ticket reps. to get your seats if you are doing the STH plans, 1/2 st plan, or the 11 game plan on Monday.

quote:
They should of asked a couple of the players to voluntary show up for an hour or two just to show love to the fans that are buying the tickets. This would have been a great way for the new members of the team to get to know the fans and develop that fan base that every player wants.

You, my friend, have a shaky yet hilarious outlook on the business end of professional sports. Thanks for the laugh.

I'm not a big ticket sales guy, so there could be more advantages than I'm pointing out here, but from talking to people around the office, here's what I know.

1) They probably would have had a player or two there, but it just happened to fall on the same week as Jameer Nelson's team unity trip.

2) The big advantage of going today is you get to select your package before others. With the extremely limited amount of tickets left, it's a much bigger advantage than in years past. You also get an in-person view of the seat, which is more accurate than any program can provide.

Edit: By the way, all the info can be found here: http://www.nba.com/magic/news/...t_a_seat_081809.html

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Savage:

I'm not a big ticket sales guy, so there could be more advantages than I'm pointing out here, but from talking to people around the office, here's what I know.

1) They probably would have had a player or two there, but it just happened to fall on the same week as Jameer Nelson's team unity trip.

2) The big advantage of going today is you get to select your package before others. With the extremely limited amount of tickets left, it's a much bigger advantage than in years past. You also get an in-person view of the seat, which is more accurate than any program can provide.

Edit: By the way, all the info can be found here: http://www.nba.com/magic/news/...t_a_seat_081809.html

The points you make here are valid, but if you are an avid fan of the team you know where the seats are and you have an idea of what view you will have of the game in the seat you are buying. No one sits in the same seats all the time including STHs.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman Forever:

quote:
They should of asked a couple of the players to voluntary show up for an hour or two just to show love to the fans that are buying the tickets. This would have been a great way for the new members of the team to get to know the fans and develop that fan base that every player wants.

You, my friend, have a shaky yet hilarious outlook on the business end of professional sports. Thanks for the laugh.

I understand where you are coming from but when a player volunteers time to an event that is unpaid the Magic can put this towards the community service time a player must use in their contract, if the player has a community service clause. By being at this event, yet it being a sales event the player would still be doing the community a service by being at a free event signing showing community support. Also, not every player is at the Jameer event. If the Magic wanted to, they could have gotten one or two players to show up.

2) I can log into my magic account and purchase season or half season tickets if I wanted so I don't see how you are selecting before others. Maybe I'm wrong on this but I know they were pushing season ticket sales for playoff tickets so pretty sure this isn't the first time you can buy them.

I think the only thing that you would have an advantage for is the 11 game plans. I would like to to buy this but wasn't able to go today and I think its ridiculous the magic are making you drive over to the arena to have first dibs on certain seats. You are already spending over $100 or hundreds on seats and on top of that, you have take time out of your weekend to make a purchase that could have been done over the phone or online.

I'll add this...the Magic have sold more season tickets than any team in the league...at least that was a stat I posted early mid-to-late June...last season they needed more sales so the players were there.

Now that we are championship caliber selling ticket plans hasn't been a problem...they sold an ungodly amount during our just completed post-season run....people were buying season tickets to get tickets to playoff games, I think.