Sign in to follow this  
NickAnderson

Magic Officially Re-Sign Foyle (Update Pg. 4)

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanForLife:

I had to put this in as a seperate response, NO NO NO to resigning Foyle. The man is an ancient curse to this team and is now walking up and down the court when others are running the court. Foyle will not give you the quality minutes anymore. One day he will make a great bench coach, but he needs to retire as a player.

you do realize that the players we sign now will all be in suits game night, right?

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

I had to put this in as a seperate response, NO NO NO to resigning Foyle. The man is an ancient curse to this team and is now walking up and down the court when others are running the court. Foyle will not give you the quality minutes anymore. One day he will make a great bench coach, but he needs to retire as a player.

you do realize that the players we sign now will all be in suits game night, right?

I would agree w/ you at the beginning of the season they will sitting wearing uniforms but with no playing time if you are the 3rd string center, as Williams will see playing time. But, we could be trading Gortat by the trade deadline and I would not want to see Foyle as our main backup. Would you? Also, J Will will be getting more playing time then AJ will and I firmly believe if we can trade AJ we will by the deadline. Goodbye Gortat and AJ by the tradeline if the right deal comes along.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I would agree w/ you at the beginning of the season they will sitting wearing uniforms but with no playing time if you are the 3rd string center, as Williams will see playing time. But, we could be trading Gortat by the trade deadline and I would not want to see Foyle as our main backup. Would you? Also, J Will will be getting more playing time then AJ will and I firmly believe if we can trade AJ we will by the deadline. Goodbye Gortat and AJ by the tradeline if the right deal comes along.

I would be willing to bet that we'd get a PG and/or a C if we traded those 2. I'm still hoping for Johan Petro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I would be willing to bet that we'd get a PG and/or a C if we traded those 2. I'm still hoping for Johan Petro

I agree and it would be nice to have a backup pg that can fill the starting role if Jameer is injuried or inconsistent. Don't get me wrong, it is not like Jameer is a not leader off the court but on the court to be a leader you have to at least be consistent. I would like to keep Gortat if we can, but w/ his contract it is unlikely. The Magic would rather use that budget to upgrade 2nd spot at pg unless Jameer becomes Chris Paul. I would take Petro over Foyle. I would put Patrick Ewing back in a uniform over Foyle. No Foyle.

From Swish on Real GM

-Newest Update

quote:
We're still trying to get him. Now that we have three point guards, Golden State has lost some leverage. We're basically offering the same package and Golden State is reconsidering. We'll know one way or another in the next few days for the LAST time. I didn't think talks with start back up but I guess the Warriors want to get what they can for him. We'll see what happens.

LOL..really. Well I know he was throwing around that he "had REAL sources" when PEC was trying to start beef between the 2 forums. I am quite sure he does, but then that rumor about Otis dissing Hedo was by him, and he could not cite a source for that one. Which pretty much puts him in the same boat as me or anyone else who knows RDV folks.

I stand by what I have said the whole time. We will not give up on CJ, and if we don't get him now, Otis will get him next year. That is the real angle on all of this.

quote:
Talks were closed two weeks ago and then opened up unexpectedly a few days ago. That doesn't usually happen unless a deal is close to getting done. I figured I'd let you guys know because I thought something was going to happen but it turns out Golden State was just trying to get more out of Otis and wouldn't accept the original deal.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

Looks like the Knicks and Sessions talks have died. I would love if Otis would work a trade to get him. I like him better then CJ.

Sessions is somewhat overrated because he has great fantasy numbers (gets alot of assists, good FG%s decent amount of rebounds) but he cant play defense and has other issues. Thats why he hasn't gotten a larger contract offer. A 23 yr old guy who can without a doubt average 14pts and 7.5 assists given starters minutes (33 minutes or more) should be getting offers above the MLE (or at least the mle).