Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

I may have found our big point guard! LOL

There would be a big difference between the Fran situation and drafting Sun Yue. If the Magic draft him it would be expected that he isn't a finished product yet and would likely prefer that he continues to play overseas to develop his game. This is a very common process: Ginobili, Nowitzki, Stojakovic, and with the Magic Gortat have all played overseas for a little while after they were drafted. What stung with the Fran situation was the Magic drafted him thinking he was ready to produce immediately and then he wussed out on us.

I just realized that I never even mentioned the prospect's name in my opening post! LOL, I'm so retarded. His name is Sun Yue.

Agree with that: Sun Yue is raw, raw, raw - Fran was supposed to be a polished product ready to rock with Dwight. While reality has proven to be something different (he's not that good, according to the folks in Spain), he was known as a banger down low and a fair defender to compliment Dwight.

With Sun Yue, it's more like a college freshman making the leap: you don't expect them to come in and immediately take the place over - you expect them to come around slowly and develop.

Hence my thought about having him stay in China for a year or two after we get his rights. But he'd probably learn more sitting on a Magic bench than playing in China. Hard to say: I could go either way.