Rimsh

Will Vince Regain an All-Star Spot?

quote:
Originally posted by dreman:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by dreman:

LOL yes he's a PG but he's still a guard which is why I used Mo williams as an example since he took a all star spot away from a couple legit all star guards last year am I wrong I think not. Think before you post and again I feel your still wrong. VC won't be the guy that needs to take 20-25 shots like his toronto or NJ early days. But you said he may not even be given up to 10 shots a game and will be a 4th option as you said are you kidding me. Put down the crack pipe man and If that was the case trading for him would be pointless.

Having a SG who can score 15-18 a game and a lot more if he is hot, and defend elite guards in this league is pointless? He may get less than 10 shots some night, so what? Why is it hard to believe that Dwight,Meer, and Shard will have the ball more? Its their team and they have been in the system multiple years and are all in or coming up on their prime, VC is a little past his prime. mo Williams was a replacement for a PG thats why he was on the team. Would you rather have like 5 SG's?

That has nothing to do with it being their team beacause they were hear first. I'm tellinh you they did not get VC to be a role player or as you may say a 4th option. Even if VC is at the end of his prime soon he's still better at taking over games then maybe anyone on this team hands down, also he's also maybe the best at creating points or assists with the ball in his hands to creat. I know it's D12's team but VC is the one who's going to have the ball in his hands to get the points or the right pass do you really think Meer, shard and our bench players are going to change VC's stats that much and maybe drop him to being a 12 or 13ppg player becuase he will only avg below 10shots a game. When he came to NJ in 04-05 he put up 27PPG 6rebs 5asts 1,5stls on a team that had kidd, Rj etc and they always had the ball in their hands and he still put up amazing numbers after that seeing all the way up to last year where he let Devin Harris and Brook Lopez be some what the main focus at times. This is a new role but Stan will be getting every little thing out of VC while he still is here and if you think he's not think again.

It does not say also they replace a PG with a PG a F for a F for the all star break. That does not always happen. They only reason Mo got on this team because he was on a winning team and also crying about not making the team so again your wrong.

i know it doesn't say that, but they had few PG's on the team and numerous Sf's that could be considered SG's. Pg is the most important position in the NBA, so they needed a ball handler. Why do I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall?

As far as Kidd well he was a pass first PG, so if he wasn't taking the shots who do you think was? The point is we don't need VC to score a lot. He is most valuable in the 4th quarter and guarding big 2g's so they don't have season highs every time we play them. VC will probably get 11-13 shots per game. Add in free throws and that will put him around 16-18 ppg. Meer can create his own shot and so can Dwight hopefully. Those 2 guys will have the ball in their hands the most. Now Shard is the best Shooter and can shoot over most players so he will always be the first option on the double. Throw in VC's minutes going down because of MP and Barnes, and the fact SVG is probably worried about VC being well rested deep in the playoffs and it all make sense.

There is no fine line for replacments for the allstar game they choice a Guard, Forward bottom line. First of all if your talking to a brick wall you must be talking to your self. From saying he won't avg 10 shots now your saying he maybe get 11-13. I mean I see where your coming from and some what see your point. That does not mean that's the plan Orlando has and might still use VC as the 2nd option. It must be nice having a team loaded. At the end of the day my point is VC stats will not be much different then last year no matter who is on the team he's going to be around 20ppg give or take. He also has a very strong chance of been an all star again even though he really is. Iverson maybe always get the nod along side Dwade but I guess we will see.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

uh who honestly cares if Vince gets 20PPG or not...he doesnt need it...he doesnt care...he's not a stat stuffer.

I could care less about the stats, as long as we're winning. This is a team right?

Exactly, who cares if guys are scoring 20+ a night. Not everyone can have that role and its not needed. VC needs to come in and just take his shots when their open and don't force anything. He can help this team on defense without scoring a single point.

Vince is about to show The Basketball world his worth playing on a championship contending team..We made it to the finals with Hedo having the ball in his hands a good mjaority of the time, now we replace it with Vince..I feel real good about our chances.