Sign in to follow this  
Nelson3

Top 10 players in Magic history

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

Jameer did not make your list? I also think that Dwight should be at the top of this list, for the mere fact that he decided not to bail on us for Broadway or La La Land!

yet

Dude...stop

36874609.jpg

This guy should rank #6 for 6th man. If your a season ticket holder for over 20 years now, attended more games then any person in Magic history, you should become an honorary player.

quote:

Also, you cant really use shaq leaving against him. This should be a list of what these players achieved on the court for the magic.

You could make the argument that dwight won us a playoff game and that puts him over shaq.

I dont think grant hill can be on the list just with the amount of games he missed. While he was with us he really didn't do much. I could argue that Turk provided more to the franchise than grant hill.

If we're including off the court stuff as well you really gotta put Bo Outlaw on the list as well.

Who would argue that? Grant Hill did absolutely nothing in his time in Orlando except win us one game in Portland. Turk was a way better player for us than Grant Hill...its not even close.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

this is most talented right? THen Grant deserves to be on it.

He did NOTHING for this franchise, and doesn't deserve/qualify for consideration.

quote:

Also, you cant really use shaq leaving against him. This should be a list of what these players achieved on the court for the magic.

You could make the argument that dwight won us a playoff game and that puts him over shaq.

I dont think grant hill can be on the list just with the amount of games he missed. While he was with us he really didn't do much. I could argue that Turk provided more to the franchise than grant hill.

If we're including off the court stuff as well you really gotta put Bo Outlaw on the list as well.

What are you talking about? Shaq braught the team to the Finals with Penny, Grant, Anderson.

I'd add Armstrong, Horrace Grant, and mabye Outlaw

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

Jameer did not make your list? I also think that Dwight should be at the top of this list, for the mere fact that he decided not to bail on us for Broadway or La La Land!

And because he helped earn us our first Finals win in history...which can't be said of Shaq. In Magic Basketball history Dwight > Shaq.

Heres my list...

1. Dwight Howard

2. Shaquille O'Neal

3. Tracy McGrady

4. Penny Hardaway

5. Darrell Armstrong

6. Nick Anderson

7. Scott Skiles

8. Hedo Turkoglu

9. Mike Miller < I wish he stayed longer

10. Bo Outlaw

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:

What are you talking about? Shaq braught the team to the Finals with Penny, Grant, Anderson.

I'd add Armstrong, Horrace Grant, and mabye Outlaw

I think Lewis meant Dwight won us a finals game!

A top ten list would be a little difficult since the Magic had some rocky years and then some really stellar years. But another name that I would like to add to the list along with Bo Outlaw would be Rony Seikaly and Jeff Turner.

quote:
Originally posted by TheDarkSide:

Heres my list...

1. Dwight Howard

2. Shaquille O'Neal

3. Tracy McGrady

4. Penny Hardaway

5. Darrell Armstrong

6. Nick Anderson

7. Scott Skiles

8. Hedo Turkoglu

9. Mike Miller < I wish he stayed longer

10. Bo Outlaw

Great list! I'd remove Mike Miller and insert Horace Grant and that would be about righ IMHO.