Sign in to follow this  
VinceCarter4life

Otis+Magic best team in NBA+Twin Tower Article

dont think this was posted.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/anezsez.html

I kno its by our own. But a lot of it is true. It mostly agrees with a lot of what we are saying. N how we are the most

Anez says we will experiment with the Twin Tower idea. Gortat+Howard on court at same time

good read

In Otis, the OG, we trust

I kno its by our own. But a lot of it is true. It mostly agrees with a lot of what we are saying. N how we are the most

Anez says we will experiment with the Twin Tower idea. Gortat+Howard on court at same time

good read

I like what he says below..even though he got Rashard's age wrong. Shard is 29 right now...he will be 30 in August.

This Magic team is also set up to not only win now, but, to win five years from now.

Otis has concocted an intriguing mix of youth and veteran leadership. Look at the core of this team: Dwight 23...Jameer 27...Rashard soon-to-be 31...Bass 24...Vince 32. On the bench, you've got guys like Pietrus 27...Anderson 21...Gortat 25...Johnson 35 and JJ 25.

I don't like the idea of Gortat and Howard playing together. One, it takes away minutes from Bass and Anderson. And it clogs the lanes. Sure it would be good for rebounding and defense, but so would Dwight and Bass on the floor together and it wouldn't clog up the lanes as much.

quote:
Originally posted by Charlston Campos:

I personally think that Gortat, as much potential as he has, should not start, but back up Howard. Bass should start at PF and Rashard at the 3.

Agreed, I don't like the idea of Howard and Gortat on the court at the same time. I think Gortat is liability on defense if he plays to many minutes at PF. Bass and Anderson should be the primary players at the 4 with Lewis also playing there when we play smaller lineups.

quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastMagicFan:

quote:
Originally posted by Charlston Campos:

I personally think that Gortat, as much potential as he has, should not start, but back up Howard. Bass should start at PF and Rashard at the 3.

Agreed, I don't like the idea of Howard and Gortat on the court at the same time. I think Gortat is liability on defense if he plays to many minutes at PF. Bass and Anderson should be the primary players at the 4 with Lewis also playing there when we play smaller lineups.

would you be open to the possibility of Gortat starting and being the first one subbed out (for Bass). He then could backup Dwight and still obtain his minutes while keeping the rotation stable

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFan7687:

great read, i agree and man you're constantly reminded about how young howard is that you forget that jameer is 4 years older than him

Agreed.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

good read

not sure why, but this grammar really bothers me. i don't know if it's the fact you start sentences with "N" or not. maybe i'm just a nazi like that, but oh well.

oh, and i hated the twin tower thing we pulled last year. it just seemed like having 2 centers on the floor at the same time (which it really was). unless either d12 or tat can develop 12 ft jump shot, i don't like it.