Sign in to follow this  
omagic133

Its Official! Barnes A Magic! [update p.24]

As i have read countless post and articles recently that state that Barnes situation with the Magic is Mutual but not imminent...I hoping that this is not likely the case but that the Magic will step up to the plate and make him a offer (maybe a 3yr or 2 yr with with the rest of the MLE)...the reason to which i say that there is an importance to signing Barnes is because if you look at the potential starting line ups it give the magic 3 different line ups (as follow)

4 wings/ 1 big Bench

j.nelson------ AJ

VC ---------Peitrus/ JJ

Barnes -----Neo/ Peitrus

Shard------- Bass/ Neo

Howard ------Gortat

This is an option cause it gives us an advantage to when we want to slide shard to pf like last yr...plus with ammo to come off the bench

3 wings/ 2 Big (common starting line up)

J. Nelson ------AJ

VC ----------Peitrus/ JJ

Shard ----------Barnes

Bass/Gortat -----Neo

Howard ---------Gortat

The reason for which i put gortat in starting pf is say we match again with LA...either u can go big and have Gortat vs Bynam & howard vs gasol...thats if bass isnt able to handle gasol..

also dont be shocked if you see VC running 1 cuz that would mean a lineup that spreads the floor....

VC

Peitrus/ JJ

Shard

Barnes/ NEO

Howard/ Gortat

With Barnes not only is he significant but he gives the MAgic more lineups that either nite the magic can expose a team with their advantages....also if otis does this ...i agree a a back up big would be needed..yea foyale is ok but i think theo would be a better fit cause he can provide defense...a 3rd string pg would need to b that of a combo guard...someone who can fill it up as well like a carlos but barnes is a big key factor to helping the magic reach the finals....

all of these lineups are factored towards like cle, bos, S.A., LA, DEN, DAL, PORTLAnd

anthony johnson running the back -up point worries me....he's solid but i hope they spend the rest of the MLE on a solid p/g that can compete with aj to back up jameer...i feel they can add a wingplayer possibly later on in the season if we trade gortat or use the TE on someone around the deadline...or add some depth from the summer league roster

obviously you have never had a shoulder injury that required surgery. Jameer is a big liability for us, because he can easily re-injure that shoulder. But I guess you are not to worried about that, we already have 5 wings whats the point of adding another one? I personally think MP is better than barnes

quote:
Scalphunter

Prospect

Posted July 16, 2009 05:08 PM Hide Post

obviously you have never had a shoulder injury that required surgery. Jameer is a big liability for us, because he can easily re-injure that shoulder. But I guess you are not to worried about that, we already have 5 wings whats the point of adding another one? I personally think MP is better than barnes

Hey LeBron....SUCK ONE

i agree that jameer can injure that shoulder again pretty easily....and yes MP is a better defender and 3 point shooter IMO

fine lol polike man i;ll play by ya rulez but ya;l bets not forgett who brokee ya newss on peaches an u gave ya da decenecy and da knoww how on what he do for a rewam. if it wasn't 4 me...svg..prollly woulda have goten ta da finlz with david leesburg n toki nokomoto.

but das ok. i;'ll takee my businezz aswell.

quote:
Originally posted by warriorsfan05:

fine lol polike man i;ll play by ya rulez but ya;l bets not forgett who brokee ya newss on peaches an u gave ya da decenecy and da knoww how on what he do for a rewam. if it wasn't 4 me...svg..prollly woulda have goten ta da finlz with david leesburg n toki nokomoto.

haha u r one interesting guy.

I don't consider Rashard and RA wing players, and JJ has not been consistently solid.

So we have MP and VC, and we need another one. We need somebody like Barnes, or Marquis or Von. Barnes looks like the better 3pt shooter now.

quote:

Since we are stealing all your players why don't you move down to Orlando and write for the Sentinel? I would rather read what you have to say, I will put in a good word for you.

quote:

Man whoz the nokomoto dude ya'll talkin about???

I don't mind man you can keep coming talk bout barnes cuz he may end up here like peaches.

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

I don't consider Rashard and RA wing players, and JJ has not been consistently solid.

So we have MP and VC, and we need another one. We need somebody like Barnes, or Marquis or Von. Barnes looks like the better 3pt shooter now.

Barnes shot 34% from three last year and Wafer shot 39%

haha be4 ya know it yall havee bardins b diddy squatz c izzy no dizzy.. but we gott curry rollz hwho drop da duecee on ya like butta n gravy hahaha.a

naha yahll is ok. ya;l proll finishz 20-1 but in da playas ya needa ta get by da celticsss da pacas da vikes n da sneeziez.

heress my preduction.

2. magicss

4.barnes

5. birdz

6. lakas.

8. sonicc salt shakas lolz akaaz da thundaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i'd rather have barnes over wafer by far....barnes is 6'7 with length...von wafer is a more explosive scorer...but barnes can play s/g s/f and even p/f if we went real small against a team or if they did it to us.....von wafer can basically only play s/g and his defense isn't as good as barnes is...not saying either one of them are great defenders but active