Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Hoops reports Gortat is very, very disappointed we matched.

I fully expect Stan to do A LOT of tinkering with lineups in the pre-season to see which ones works the best.

Only fours guys have guaranteed starting jobs, the last one will likely be up for grabs in training camp

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

Gortat will get over it when he gets his check - that will average around $70,000 per game for the regular season.

Hell, even I would get over it knowing I would get exactly zero minutes behind Howard. At least Gortat will get some minutes on the floor - I can see him playing some minutes alongside Howard as a possibility as well.

+1

invisible-violin.jpg

He can either win a ring this year or be traded December 15th and get his chance to start. He'll get a ton of money either way.

I honestly wanted him to go to Dallas. I like the Mavs, and our home boy the other JJ is there.

I was thinking of a line up of Kidd/Howard/Marion/Dirk/Gortat and kind of liking it. Can't he be traded to Dallas now? lol

However, I'm also glad the Magic matched, but it's more like to trade him. He's too expensive to be a backup and we're stacked at PF and slim at Center, so he won't play much backup PF I guess.

I'm worried about the playing time distribution this next year, but I hope Gortat plays with passion and they do what's best for the team.

quote:
Originally posted by NotByChoice:

I personally would relish the role of playing behind a great player. I mean your virtually pressure free, yet still playing meaningful minutes and contributing on a contending team. Best of all your getting paid a nice salary to do it.

Come on, playing next to Dirk and with Jason Kidd is somehow less exciting to you than sitting behind Dwight? The paycheck is the same so that's not an argument.