Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Hoops reports Gortat is very, very disappointed we matched.

quote:
Originally posted by ironarrow:

If a player really does not want to be on one team, is it possible that a team can treat the guy like a slave sold for money?

Your understanding of slavery is laughably retarded.

Marcin Gortat agreed to accept NBA salary rules the second he came to play in the NBA. If he didn't like those rules, he could play in Europe for some other company. The idea that he doesn't have to accept the NBA rules he doesn't like, or that he's a slave for having to as you suggest, is so mindnumbingly stupid and ignorant to what actual slavery entails, that I'm frankly embarrassed on your behalf that you managed to say something so ignorant.

I am Dallas fan? lol.

I'm only telling you why he has reasons to be disappointed now.

And yes, he said that he would like to play in Dallas rather than in Orlando. He said on his camp in Poland: "I play in Orlando Magic. Well, I play in Magic, but I hope it will change soon". And after the news "Unfortunately, i stay in Magic. But I am happy, that I will still play with great players like Dwight Howard". He also told one of Polish newspapers, that he is not disappointed because of it.

First, this is Gortat's agent speaking for him.

Second, who cares? Gortat is an asset the magic couldn't afford to lose for nothing. I'm sure 1 of 2 things will happen in the future to accomodate Gortat's desire for more pt. He & Dwight will either play together more or he will get traded.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

quote:

By the way, I think the real question here is who will be the third PG. Because this was Otis's biggest mistake last off season. Leaving camp with 2 point guard put him in a really bad spot. Hopefully he learned from that and will have a decent PG he will sign.

Honestly we should be asking who will be our 2nd pg. I dont like Johnson backing up Nelson at all. That guy is slow and at times jacks up shots at the wrong time. Poor free throw shooter for a guard and most important, HE KEEPS WALKING THE BALL UPCOURT. Everytime he does that which forces us to get into our offense late. Which doesnt give us the chance to move the ball around. Lets see, you have to get the ball across mid court in 8 seconds. AJ might do it in 6 seconds. Now once he get across he dribbles around for another 3-4 seconds and then passes. Thats like 9-10 seconds on AJ alone wasting from our offense to set up. I want this guy buried on the bench. His chances of getting in the game should be the same chances as Stuff the mascot to get in the game. Hes terrible. We need to look for a backup pg to back Nelson. Johnson is not the answer AT ALL.

I made this point in another thread. No one liked my idea of offering up the vet min to Iverson to back up Jameer. I just do not see much out there in quality for a PG on the free agent market.

How could anybody say no to a future allstar that has averaged 6 apg 3.7rpg 78% FT and 27ppg in his career and only is 33 years old. I ll take him over Johnson anyday anynight any morning of the week. Iverson is so underrated in his passing ability. Iverson will have to know up front what his role is. He will be ok for the backup pg minutes. They crazy to over look Iverson.

quote:
Originally posted by ironarrow:

I don't know the rules of the NBA that well..

If a player really does not want to be on one team, is it possible that a team can treat the guy like a slave sold for money? Because people here talk like Gortat can not make decent money if he leaves Orlando and he should be pleased he is getting 6m a year..

By your standards you can even be pleased with 50 thousand dollars a year! But Gortat does not have to be pleased with any money..

He wants to build a reputation in the NBA and he can't build it in Orlando, that is sure!

I think the guy is too good to be a back up..

How is he getting these offers if he hasn't built a reputation already?

I'm not saying that the Mavs are a joke team. They played well during the season, and were bounced out of the playoffs by a team that was tougher (with the jailhouse style the Nuggets were playing) and they didn't adjust to the physicality demanded in the playoffs. The Mavs will be a good team this upcoming year as well, but do you think that they would beat the Magic in a 7 game series? I didn't think so....

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Quester:

Gortat is an idiot? I think some of you are idiots.

He had a chance to play great role in good team, to be well known player because of it, and maybe being all star, when you look at other centers in Western Conference (no Yao, no Shaq). he thought he will be in Dallas, because all news was telling that Orlando is not going to match.

Now he must play 10 mpg in only a little bit better team. He knows he is a player who could be a starter in many teams in the league, but he can't do this. He came to NBA to play, not only to earn money.

So he can be very disappointed, and a lot of polish fans too.

Hey how is Dallas looking right now...You guys first got PWND then O-Tiz gave both Cuban and Donnie Jr. the T-Bag.

How old are u dude..

N J Kidd, Dirk, Marion, Howard, Terry are enough to make a solid team. So dont be annoying.

anyways, like said this is just his agent. Gortat has said himself he wont be disapointed at all if they match

http://www.nba.com/magic/video...009.magic/index.html

N like what Quester said: after the news "Unfortunately, i stay in Magic. But I am happy, that I will still play with great players like Dwight Howard". He also told one of Polish newspapers, that he is not disappointed because of it.

Latest from our boy Kyler:

Tommy in orlando:

Gortat is dissapointed to be back in orlando right? why cant orlando start Gortat at PF spot bring bass in to back him up and when dwight goes out let macrin but up to the five spot? why would that work ?

Steve Kyler:

I spoke with Marcin's agent at length through this process and he was really looking forward to Dallas... he was gonna get major minutes, all of the Mavs core players talked with him and talked about how significant his role was going to be... then he gets slammed with Orlando matching - its a savvy business move by Otis Smith, but Marcin really felt like he'd get his chance to start, that doesn;t happen in Orlando.

As for starting at the four spot, he's not a power forward, his game and skill set make that a bad fit... he could play that role in spots, but trying to go twin tower with Gorat and Howard would be bad, especially in the "gather a lot of fouls" deperatment.

Not sure anyone likes being treated like an asset and thats exactly how Marcin feels.

Gortat will get over it when he gets his check - that will average around $70,000 per game for the regular season.

Hell, even I would get over it knowing I would get exactly zero minutes behind Howard. At least Gortat will get some minutes on the floor - I can see him playing some minutes alongside Howard as a possibility as well.

People on here attacking someone because he wants playing time and would get it elsewhere. Figures. And he only averages 12 minutes a game. Where's this 20 minutes I am reading?

That's a lot of money for 12 minutes a game. Otis is a real brainiac.