Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

VC's expiring contract in Gortat for a Superstar in summer of 2010?

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

On a serious note, who will be a FA when Vince comes off the books? and what year does Shard come off and who will be FA then?

great question!

someone do some research im to lazy

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDOLPHIN:

quote:

On a serious note, who will be a FA when Vince comes off the books? and what year does Shard come off and who will be FA then?

great question!

Why don't we talk about this when the time comes lol?

quote:
Originally posted by CubanMagic89:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDOLPHIN:

quote:

great question!

Why don't we talk about this when the time comes lol?

Crossed my mind and I was hoping someone had thought about this before and could just throw it out there off the top of their heads.

This is actually a very plausible idea. Too bad the fans in T.O hate VC because I trade to pair up CB4 with DHoward would be pretty menacing. Going after DWade would be pretty sick too. Especially with him about to get into his prime. I think he'd compliment D12, just as good as VC will complement him this year.

Yes. Since the Superstar coming back would be a max. salary player, I'd assume that his salary will start at a minimum of $17-19M per season. Given VC + Gortat salaries would equal $23-24M, this would enable the team losing their 'Superstar' to add a 'salary-dump' player to the trade, to make it more worth while for them. i.e. - Daniel Gibson from Cavs (who will make $5M for the next 4 years, and James Jones of the Heat (who is also eleigible to make $5M over the next 3 years as well). Add in a first round pick, and a second round pick, it would be hard for the team losing their 'Superstar' not to take the deal...

It's probably going to really depend on how the season goes for VC. I can see Otis using Marcin as trade bait so he can use that trade exception from the Turk deal. He has a whole year to sit on that money.

I'm all for getting Wade. That would be so sick having Howard and Wade on the same team.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

When did we start hating Lebron so much?

Oh yeah........ESPN.

It used to be just ESPN, but LeBron has been doing a lot of it to himself lately. Not doing the post game presser, no hand shaking, having the video taken away (he told Nike to remove it).

Long story short, LeBron is a scum bag.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Why not wait til Carter's contract is up in 2011 and get Melo?

Real talk. Omg, could you imagine with the core we have?

Lebron is such a crybaby. ESPN has their heads so far up Lebron and Kobe's a%@. We hardly ever get any respect. The only person that really stuck up for us in the playoffs was Barkley.