Sign in to follow this  
moldy_hobo

Sentinel now confirming Magic matching to retain Gortat

http://www.dallasbasketball.co...llColumn.php?id=1829

quote:

3. Sunday he comes back again and trumpets that he just heard on the Channel 6 News in Orlando that the Magic will match on Monday, thereby validating his prediction. Oddly, no one else in Orlando heard the story, but no biggie for most. Discussion and praise ensues.

Bullcrap! A few of us watched it and said so, both in this thread and the other Gortat thread. Hell, I'm one of them.

Wanna read something funny, read the EDIT at the end of the article. He disproves his own article! So funny, so homeristic, so poorly written.

EDIT: ESPNEWS Ticker @ 5:06 EST - Magic to keep F/C (?) Marcin Gortat by matching Mavericks' 5-year offer sheet.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

There's no good reason for the Magic to keep him, NONE. It's almost like Smith just won't let himself lose him for nothing no matter what, even if he doesn't come out ahead by keeping him. What kind of ******* is this guy? If nothing else why didn't he just match on day one?

-mavs fan

there are not very many centers in the league and bigs have value... Gortat will help... He has size and we need size... odis kept an asset that was also a need for our team...

Big man get paid more than any other positions... 5.7-5.9 is actually not a bad contract for a center that produces....

What if, god for bid, howard gets hurt?

We have a window to win a championship with carter; lets go for it...

They just can't believe that an NBA billionaire owner not named Cuban is willing to shell out big bucks for a team that has a shot at winning it all.

Props to the Moldy Hobo, props to Otis Smith.

To all the fans that have been here through Shaq leaving us, and Hills injury.

IT'S OUR TIME NOW

It's our turn to own the NBA

It's our turn to Have the loudest Arena in the league(new arena 2010-11)

It's our turn to lead sportscenter every night during the season.

It's our turn. Finally it's our turn.

IT'S OUR TURN TO WIN THE RING!!!!

Otis Smith is the man. Vince, Anderson, Bass, now Gortat(for what ever reason, to keep or trade in Dec) he is determined to win the championship, and I am glad he is on our side!!

We have a loaded young squad and assets to make further moves.... Otis is the best GM we have ever had. PERIOD. The owners are letting him go big with the green light on spending and he is stocking the pond. We have a new arena that is one of the best in the league. Grab a seat and ride the wave. Moldy Hobo, I am waiting for you to break Matt Barnes out. Come Otis, make it happen.

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by one&down:

so wait who starts?

Howard

Bass/Gortat/Anderson

Lewis/Anderson

Crater

Nelson

Anderson, Bass. and Gortat will fight for the start

Now if Gortat wins, any chance of moving Howard back to PF and let Gortat be a Ben Wallace type of Center, not a lot of points but very good D

I say we go big, when we pick up Ratliff

we go with

Howard

Ratliff

Anderson

Gortat, and

Lewis

off the bench we go with

Nelson, AJ, JJ, Carter and Bass and we bring back Darrell Armstrong

Word from the Hobo is that we are picking up Foyle for another year instead of Ratliff. But, yes, I'd love to come out of retirement.

LOL

Great job Otis! I've been following this thread since this morning. Great to see the Magic match. While I would love to see us get Battier, I think keeping Gortat for the year is a better option.

Gortat helps as insurance to a Howard injury, plus he's a great backup to Howard. I think we also have a great PF rotation in Bass and Anderson.

Basically, our team is just about set. Pietrus is the 6th man playing mainly behind Lewis and Carter, and Reddick plays behind Pietrus at SG. We just need a better option at backup for PG. I don't really like Johnson there at all. He's a 3rd PG at best.