Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

The Official Trading a BYC player (RE: Gortat) Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

so couldnt we trade him straight up for someone making around 3 million or so [for hypothetical purposes, Carl Landry]

no it wouldnt work on houstons end.

why not? im so confused; so basically, it is impossible to deal a BYC player without a three way trade?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

So for trading purposes Gortat might as well be a 3 million dollar player to the rest of the NBA, if he's brought back until the Summer of 2010. Then he'd be his full 5.8 or 6 million dollar self, whatever that Dallas offer sheet exactly is.

Maybe Otis' plan is to bring Gortat back for the big contract, just for all of next season? Then he can trade him for full value next summer without using the TPE.

Hey. If Otis can really spend whatever he wants, and he's gotten the okay to eat a few extra mil of luxury tax next year, then why not??

That's what I'm starting to think is going on here. Match Gortat, bring him back for backup C next season, then deal him for full contract value. You know he'll find takers for Warlock a plenty, this summer, next summer, the deadline, whenever. That's a given.

we could trade him january 1st based on the 6 month rule

I thought your post said 6 months or June 30th, whichever's later.

quote:

quote:

quote:

so couldnt we trade him straight up for someone making around 3 million or so [for hypothetical purposes, Carl Landry]

no it wouldnt work on houstons end.

why not? im so confused; so basically, it is impossible to deal a BYC player without a three way trade?

or if the salaries are within 120% of the value, or if the other team is under the cap.

basically what we would have to do (if im understanding this correctly) is trade Gortat for a $3million player from Houston and trade the TPE for Battier. Thats the only way in our situation we can interact with one other team.

quote:

quote:

quote:

So for trading purposes Gortat might as well be a 3 million dollar player to the rest of the NBA, if he's brought back until the Summer of 2010. Then he'd be his full 5.8 or 6 million dollar self, whatever that Dallas offer sheet exactly is.

Maybe Otis' plan is to bring Gortat back for the big contract, just for all of next season? Then he can trade him for full value next summer without using the TPE.

Hey. If Otis can really spend whatever he wants, and he's gotten the okay to eat a few extra mil of luxury tax next year, then why not??

That's what I'm starting to think is going on here. Match Gortat, bring him back for backup C next season, then deal him for full contract value. You know he'll find takers for Warlock a plenty, this summer, next summer, the deadline, whenever. That's a given.

I thought your post said 6 months or June 30th, whichever's later.

Maybe you're right.

I dunno, all this stuff is too complicated for one person to understand fully. Thats why i made this thread.

If anyone wants to add anything ill throw it up in the first post.

Well interestingly enough for the Gortat + TPE for 2 players scenario, when it comes to Houston...

Carl Landry makes exactly 3 million dollars. That would fit very well into the Gortat BYC side of the trade.

For the record, Shane Battier makes $6,939,200 next season, and his contract expires the same year as when VC's option comes up in 2011.

Chuck Hayes makes only 1.9 million. Kyle Lowry, a smidge over 2 million. Luis Scola is highway robbery of a bargain for the Rockets at 3.28 million next season.

All three guys' contracts expire in the Summer of 2010.

I did some research, and you can trade a BYC player with nothing complicated to a team UNDER the salary cap who can absorb the contract and remain under

the Oklahoma City Thunder will remain under the cap, and they have no centers or power forwards other than Kristic

im not sure what we could ask from them though; Green/Durant/Westbrook/Harden are all probably untouchable [maybe not Green]

Thabo Sefolosha perhaps? meh; they dont got much; maybe a draft pick

quote:

Dude you made this thread and you dont know that you have to wait 6 months OR june 30th whichever comes LATER before BYC is no longer active?

and to Reece a restricted Free Agent that we match has to consent to be traded.

quote:

basically what we would have to do (if im understanding this correctly) is trade Gortat for a $3million player from Houston and trade the TPE for Battier. Thats the only way in our situation we can interact with one other team.

correct me if im wrong but i dont think this trade will work out.

TPE for battier would be good.

now on orlando's side, the BYC applies since we are the ones singing Gortat then trading him. so on our part, Gortat's value is 2.9M. We send him to houston and receive a player worth around 2.9M in return.

However, on houston's side, it won't work because they would have to receive +/- 125% of gortat's full value, not just half since houston is not under the cap. in the scenario, houston sends Player A worth 2.9M then receives Gortat worth 5.8M. clearly, that trade would not be allowed.

if that's the case, i think we'd have to add a third team to make it work.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:

Dude you made this thread and you dont know that you have to wait 6 months OR june 30th whichever comes LATER before BYC is no longer active?

and to Reece a restricted Free Agent that we match has to consent to be traded.

im sure he'd consent to just about anywhere where he could start; dude just wants to play big minutes

Houston is over the cap. They would have to send out around 4.5 million to take in 5.8. Orlando can only take in around 3.7 million. So a third team would have to get involved.

After signing Bass, Kyle Lowry would be a better acquisition than Landry.

Orlando - Gets Kyle Lowry (HOU), 2nd Rd Pick(OKC)

Houston - Gets Marcin Gortat (ORL)

OKC - Gets Carl Landry (Hou)

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

Houston is over the cap. They would have to send out around 4.5 million to take in 5.8. Orlando can only take in around 3.7 million. So a third team would have to get involved.

After signing Bass, Kyle Lowry would be a better acquisition than Landry.

Orlando - Gets Kyle Lowry (HOU), 2nd Rd Pick(OKC)

Houston - Gets Marcin Gortat (ORL)

OKC - Gets Carl Landry (Hou)

very astute idea ; fair for everyone and realistic

quote:
Originally posted by D-White:

quote:

correct me if im wrong but i dont think this trade will work out.

TPE for battier would be good.

now on orlando's side, the BYC applies since we are the ones singing Gortat then trading him. so on our part, Gortat's value is 2.9M. We send him to houston and receive a player worth around 2.9M in return.

However, on houston's side, it won't work because they would have to receive +/- 125% of gortat's full value, not just half since houston is not under the cap. in the scenario, houston sends Player A worth 2.9M then receives Gortat worth 5.8M. clearly, that trade would not be allowed.

if that's the case, i think we'd have to add a third team to make it work.

i think its considered a simultaneous trade. at least thats what the example in the salary cap thing made it seem like.